cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

stuartadams
Journeyman III

Tried to update Radeon HD 5670 from 15.3.1 to 15.7 and won't complete

I've lost most of my functionality trying to update in Win 10 for Radeon HD 5670 from 15.3.1 to 15.701 -- I'd like to go back to 15.3.1, but can't find it.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Went to AMD Support and went to the Legacy page : Legacy . On the right side of the page it has "Previous Drivers & Software" clicked on that and showed only one previous driver from 7/08/2015 to download from here: Previous .

When you reinstall the AMD Drivers do this:

Try this basic method of uninstalling and reinstalling AMD Drivers.

First download the correct Full AMD driver set from AMD Support for your Desktop R7-240 GPU Here: Desktop .

Make sure your Windows 10 is fully updated via Windows Update (including Optionals).

Disconnect the Internet from your computer to prevent it from installing a different GPU Driver than the one you are installing.

Use Windows 10 Uninstall to uninstall all AMD Drivers and software. Then use DDU in safe mode to completely eliminate all traces of the old AMD drivers and software related to the GPU.

Delete C:\AMD Folder. This prevents New and Old AMD driver files from installing and corrupting the installation process.

After rebooting from DDU, Reinstall the new AMD Full set of drivers. If it installed correctly, again delete C:\AMD folder to save Hard Disk space and reconnect to the Internet.

0 Likes

Thank you, but I can't get into Control Panel.I do have a copy of AMC CleanUninstall Utility that 'sort of' works -- I ran it and then installed the driver that your site recommends, but it didn't work very well. So, then I installed 15.7, and it 'sort of' works...

I continue my quest...and I have to teach a 3-hour evening class tonight... Thanks again.

Stuart

0 Likes