cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ineedhelp5
Journeyman III

rx 580 not being used for games

I recently bought a new PC hoping to get better performance while playing games.

Specifically this one:   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0747W15QL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

when i actually started playing a game i wasnt getting better performance than what i used to use ( a non gaming laptop)

turns out the rx 580 isnt even being used, instead the intel graphics are being used

i've been searching for a solution for the past 4 hours and havent been able to find anything

Please help!

im using the 18.2.1 radeon settings (if thats important)

0 Likes
3 Replies
arcticwind
Forerunner

Is the video cable plugged into the GPU or the motherboard?

0 Likes

ive tried plugging it into both and niether of them changes anything

on the radeon settings display it says "no displays are currently connected to AMD products" when i connect it to either of them

0 Likes

When the monitor is plugged into the motherboard you will be using the intel integrated graphics.

You will need to have the display cable plugged into the GPU to be using the RX 580. Also, the GPU should be selected as "enabled" in the system BIOS.

On some displays you will need to select the input method on the monitor, such as HDMI or Display Port, depending on which method you are using.

Sometimes cable go bad so you may need to try different cables.

If you are still having problems getting a display through the GPU, you should contact Cyberpower about service or RMA options. You should not be having these problems on a new system.

0 Likes