cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

grafdelafer
Journeyman III

What will be the performance on the motherboard Asus m5a97 R2.0, with AMD FX 8370 processor.

What will be the performance on the motherboard Asus m5a97 R2.0, with AMD FX 8370 processor, DIMM 16Gb DDR3, and two Asus Radeon RX 560 ROG-STRIX-RX560-O4G-GAMING graphics cards connected by CrossFire technology. I want to collect just such a PC.

0 Likes
3 Replies

That's a relatively lower end processor and low end graphics cards, the performance isn't going to be stellar.

0 Likes

if your going to crossfire use those cards with a Ryzen build I recomend more The FX isnt the most stellar performer it hold you back instead of going forward. IF you wanna build something good save up for the Ryzen 5 or 6 series APUs & buy a decent motherboard you wont regret it. I am going that way with the 2nd gen Ryzens coming out very soon.

0 Likes

I'd sure hate to see someone waste money. So few games have been optimized for crossfire in the last few years. And your mileage will really vary with the older titles that did with current drivers. I strongly suggest a stronger single GPU solution. I have a RX 580 and find it is very good up to 1440p 60hz.

Unless you are getting that FX for very little money. I agree with the others. You can get Ryzen or Intel offerings for similar pricing that are just going to be so much better and modern motherboard features too.

0 Likes