cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

maskon7
Journeyman III

Will this processor run with my motherboard? Please help and thanks

Currently running  a motherboard model number AMD FX 6100. On new a website where you purchase PC parts it said this motherboard is capable of....

4+1 Phase CPU Power design for AMD high TDP 125W CPU support

Does this mean i will have to settle for a processor running lower than 125 Watts? i was looking to upgrade to this one

AMD FX-9590 Vishera 8-Core 4.7 GHz Socket AM3+ 220W FD9590FHHKWOF Desktop Processor - Black Edition ...

but its 220watts, so it wont run on my motherboard? Runner up is this one AMD Processor FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W D8350FRHKB...  which runs at 125watts, so would i have to get the FX 8350 rather thant he FX 9590? Thank you all for your support.

0 Likes
3 Replies
arcticwind
Forerunner

Check with your motherboard manufactures website for CPU compatibility for your motherboard, only use CPUs that are compatible.

The supply of CPU's and motherboard is running low for the AM3+ socket, and not a lot of motherboard can support the FX-9590 (220watt) processor.

0 Likes
_sirius_
Adept II

save a little more money and you can buy a ryzen 3 2200G with an inexpensive mini atx motherboard

0 Likes

And very expensive ddr 4 ram.

0 Likes