cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zb1024
Journeyman III

radeon settings

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 5737 laptop, AMD and Intel graphics card. AMD Radeon HD 8870M. When I click on the ppm on the desktop and select the Radeon settings, this window opens.

Schowek01.jpg

What to do?

0 Likes
2 Replies

Did you try to install new drivers and now have this issue? If so there are some very specific instructions you need to follow.

It is always recommended that laptops use Manufacturers versions of the drivers, as they are often very customized. The AMD drivers, are Vanilla and would lack any custom changes.

When you installed the drivers there are some guide lines that help with getting it right (your manufacturer may have additional instructions). It can be very important to do everything as recommended. See this guide: Laptop graphics update...How to

Worth noting too, you will want to make sure all the Intel drivers are current, bios/firmware for system are the latest and all OS updates are installed. Doing this really increases the odds of success.

If you continue to have issue, you may certainly ask here still, but your manufacturer is the expert on that machine. You can certainly ask question to them or any forums they might have too. It is almost always faster to get answers from people with the exact same hardware.

-----------------------------------

If you have not changed anything, then look at the windows update log and see if it installed new drivers. They are known to do this and get it wrong.

-----------------------------------

Lastly if nothing above was changed and windows just started doing this. It may be a hardware ID issue. Go to device manager find your card in the list either choose remove or uninstall depending on Windows version. It's the same thing. Then shut down and restart. Windows will reinstall the card and give it the proper ID if all is well.

Good Luck & Happy Gaming!

0 Likes

It started with the fact that I could not change the brightness of the screen. I installed drivers from amd and Intel. Finally, I uninstalled the amd driver. I restarted the computer. After that, the same driver was installed, which was from the beginning. Setting brightness works, games play. That's all it is. I do not know what to do about it. I will try on the dell forum. Although it does not bother so much. I have an automatic search for driver versions and their installation. Thanks for the help.

0 Likes