cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

derolade
Journeyman III

RX580 and monitor blinking black (or green) when powered off then on again ONLY with radeon amd drivers installed

CPU: Intel - Core i5-7600 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: ARCTIC - Freezer 13 CO 4.0 CFM Ball Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI - H270 GAMING M3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory

Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 580 4GB NITRO+ Video Card

Case: Corsair - SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case

Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full 64-bit

Monitor: Dell - SE2717H 27.0" 1920x1080 75Hz Monitor

the issue here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KDi9EDnYmg it is triggered when i manually shut down and power on again the monitor. and only when the amd drivers are loaded (everything is fine in the bios and when i uninstall the drivers) i can solve it rebooting the pc. trying a different hdmi cable or disconnecting it wont solve it but changing hdmi port on the gpu solves the issue until i poweroff the monitor again. then both hdmi ports will have the issue until reboot.  it blinks green if i change monitor Hz, and goes back to black if i revert to 75Hz. disabling freesync won't change a thing)

until i do not power off the monitor everything is perfect. i can run demanding games on 1080p high/ultra settings for hours without problems.

another thing, maybe important: the hardware troubleshooter gives me the error 0x8000FFFF only when amd drivers are installed. i tried 4 different version of the drivers and it is always the same (one older, 2 new beta and the actual stable one).

also no problems after waking from monitor power saving mode.

what other tests can i do? i only have this machine and another one with an old vga monitor and a r7 260x

(everything else i tried is in this post prior of finding what really triggers the problem https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/861o1h/windows_10_radeon_rx580_monitor_blinking_black_or...)

0 Likes
0 Replies