Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

watchbot
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 2400G + PATRIOT Viper 4 DDR4 3000MHz. Supports just 2400 RAM frequency

Hi,

Need help to increase RAM frequency to 2933 Hz.

System config:

1. Ryzen 5 2400G

2. Motherboard ASROCK Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4.

3. PATRIOT Viper 4 DDR4 3000MHz 16GB Kit 2x8GB XMP (PV416G300C6K)

This motherboard is compatible with this RAM. Fro Raven ridge it should support 2933 freq.

But the max freq I could achieve is 2400. I've already tried to increase timings and voltage but the system stacks.

In RAM support told me that "Unfortunately, AMD has been dragging their feet with releasing updates to support higher frequency DRAM in their Ryzen platform. We cannot guarantee that you will be able to hit 3000+ MHz but we have qualified those speeds with consistency in several motherboards." .

Maybe I do something wrong? I don't want to overclock my memory but just to run it with specified freq.

0 Likes
8 Replies
_sirius_
Adept II

I have reached 3000 mhz easily with an asus X370 motherboard...   corsair lpx 3000 ram.   Don't worry, you won't see much difference between 2,400 and 3,000 anyway.

People should buy the 370 chipset or higher if they want to OC.

0 Likes
thinker1209
Journeyman III

Include 2 XMP profiles in Bios

0 Likes

what we read and what really happen after we install the whole kit are 2 different things.  Either you get a surprise or a deception. BUT as I've said up there, I did the test  and you won't see any difference between 3000 and 2666 - 2400 . If you read about RAM speed on the internet , you will learn that the speed is not the  most important. You can lower the speed of your 3000 ram to 2600 and have a better benchmark result.  I've just found that out last week and was quite surprised. My own test proved me that the difference was null between 3000 and 2600  .  0% ...So, don't worry. Life is good :-)  Corsair memory and X370 will give you 3000 but is it faster than your setup ???!!  I also have 2x8gigs ram. + 2400G  , asus z370

0 Likes

Probably you are right but in this case there is no need to buy RAM with higher frequency... So as I have 3000 RAM I just want to have an ability to run it on its supported freq and that's all. I know from specification that the RAM and the motherboard are definitely compatible  so why it doesn't run?

I just want to receive what I paid for. That's all I want.

0 Likes

You should install the chipset driver from AMD, not from Asrock, it won't hurt to try. I'm using the amd chipset driver not the asus , which was older, Eventually the drivers will be more mature and you should get up to speed. Any newer Bios yet for your mobo ?

0 Likes
_sirius_
Adept II

what is this $hit,  google translation ?

lol

All that I've understood is that I probably need to install 4.60 BIOS version. But I already have the latest one - 4.70... Can be it the issue?

0 Likes
_sirius_
Adept II

who is this nutcase, mrperforation...trying to be funny or in serious need of medications.  The last thing I need , is to try to decipher some crazy posts made by a half senile member.

He seem to say that ASROCK make some half bake motherboard, that's the only thing that I could decipher, and I agree with him on that one..Who need to read posts like this :

Hello

I'm suffering from very bad MSI™ and severe AMD™ but this is due to my use of Problem™.

all that stuff I should not need to know off by heart but I do

its that AMD™ forum magic.

Because he's here since many years and the staff seem to like it...  one of the 2 have to go.

So i leave you guys with Mr Crackpot who doesn't realize that he's not funny and painful to read.  His answers date from many decade ago.

Well it was nice helping you guys,  Bye !