cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

matses_51
Adept II

Nividia GPP effects starting to show......

Hi,

I had huge concerns regarding the Nvidia GPP and now there are signs of what to come.

According to MSI webpage "Gaming" line coolers are only found on Nvidia cards. The AMD cards are only delivered with the reference or "Armor" cooler. The armor cooler is rubbish compared to the gaming model:

Graphics card - The world leader in display performance | MSI Global

Aorus brand missing on gaming box for RX580:

RX 580 Gaming Box | Graphics Card - GIGABYTE Global

AORUS GTX 1070 Gaming Box | Graphics Card - GIGABYTE Global

This is a s*** move from Nvidia....

I hope that Nvidia will be fined for this

0 Likes
7 Replies

The TomsHardware article on this speculates that the AORUS badge is intended for the highest end products, and since the 1070 is a good 50% faster than the RX 580 and the RX 580 is not AMD's high end option (that would be Vega) it would be inappropriate to put an enthusiast badge on a mainstream product.

Ehem..Yeah, see your point.....

download.jpg

0 Likes

That card launched months before Vega, so at the time it was the highest end AMD product. But I wouldn't buy anything from Gigabyte anyway, as they have a bad habit of selling the same product as a new "revision" then dropping all support for the previous "revision".

0 Likes

They have it on the GTX 1060, and that launched after the 1080. I don't buy that argument.

The tech press i rubbish anyway, Nvidia have been playing them for some time now.

I wonder how Radeon is going to counter this?

I hope that they cancel the AIB deal with MSI immediately, the Radeon cards are going to get slaughtered if they are going up against MSI Gaming cards with an Armor cooler.

Or they just make their one from now on, in addition to the reference one.

0 Likes
killkidra
Journeyman III

I hope AMD finishes all type of contract.MSI ASUS Gigabyte

0 Likes
kobina8
Journeyman III

Nvidia wants you to believe in the GeForce brand. To that end, the company introduced the GeForce Partner Program (GPP), an initiative meant to bridge the gap between Nvidia and the companies that make add-in cards or systems based on its tech. Those companies won't be required to join the program--Nvidia won't gate off new graphics tech behind this initiative--but they will be incentivized to do so with a grab bag of perks.

0 Likes

Or as Pablo Escobar would say it "Plata o plumo?"

0 Likes