cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

idavid
Journeyman III

Graphic card update...

Guys, i`m new and i have and i have a pressing question. I want to update my graphic card, my pc uses ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4205.

If I install the ATI Mobility Radeon 5000 series, will it be compactible??  

My pc is Acer Aspire 5551 series...

CPU: AMD Turion II mobile processor P520/2.3 GHZ    

RAM: 6GB   

Chipest: AMD M880G  

GRAPHIC CARD:  ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4205  

PLEASE I NEED ASSISTANCE URGENTLY

0 Likes
1 Solution

You do have Windows 10..right?

Just uninstall the AMD drivers..reboot..and then go to Windows Update to check for new drivers.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies

Best place to post your question is with Acer Support. They were the ones that manufactured your laptop and will know whether the HD5xxx series Graphic card will be compatible or not if you upgrade from the HD4xxx series.

Either way, you Graphic cards both the HD4xxx & 5xxx are considered to be legacy hardware by AMD. AMD no longer supports it with updated Graphic's drivers. Your laptop is at least 8 y/o with Windows 7 installed according to Acer Support for your laptop.

If you can afford it, I would purchase a new laptop and use your old laptop as a backup.

0 Likes

Go on to acer support or onto AMD legacy support page for its drivers. My advise is go with a 10nstall with legacy driver update threw Acer might be a good quick shot that may or may not work an idea with working with many laptops over the years. Might be an idea to upgrade as might be the best option. Tho if you can find legacy drivers to suit may work but be like a needle in a hay stack.

What OS do you have?

Laptop graphics update...How to

0 Likes

windows 10

0 Likes

AMD has no drivers for that card and Windows 10. You must use the drivers furnished by Microsoft/Windows update.

Driver Support for AMD Radeon™ HD 4000, HD 3000, HD 2000 and older Series

How can I initiate a windows update for this type of driver??

0 Likes

Here is how it is done. This link is from Microsoft Support: How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

You do have Windows 10..right?

Just uninstall the AMD drivers..reboot..and then go to Windows Update to check for new drivers.

0 Likes
idavid
Journeyman III

Screenshot (4).png

Guys, this was what prompted my question. I installed pes17 and checked my pc`S compatibility..... attached is the thing i saw.

no VRAM

no SHARED MEMORY

my GPU is Microsoft instead of AMD Radeon

I was told I could fix that by updating my graphic card

0 Likes
idavid
Journeyman III

You guys have been so helpful...

Thanks to all of you..

0 Likes