cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

titlebr549
Adept I

amd vision and obs studio

did all things I found to do... still getting a black screen on game recording. I am not very "tech" inclined; but I try. plz help

0 Likes
7 Replies

Your Post needs the following information to be able to help here in the Forum and is required by AMD Forum: INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION .

You didn't mention the GPU card, CPU/APU, DESKTOP/LAPTOP. MOTHERBOARD, PSU, AMD DRIVER VERSION and WINDOWS Installed.

0 Likes
locodicegr
Miniboss

Update your OBS & Your drivers to 18.3.3

I (finally lol) updated both and obs is working but now I have no sound at all from pc.

I am running on HP ENVY dv7 with A8 VISION AMD proccesor with beats audio built into the laptop

RADEON HD 7640g, I installed the driver for HD 7640g with amd catalyst control center

0 Likes

Go the Windows Sound Panel in Control Panel and see if your Main Audio is "Default". If it isn't, make it Default and you should have audio.

Also go to Device Manager in Control Panel and see if there is any Yellow Exclamation marks especially under Sound, Video, Game Controllers

Your laptop doesn't have any AMD APU Driver 18.3.3. In fact, Your APU is considered to be LEGACY. Which means AMD doesn't support it anymore. The last known driver is from 2015 & 2016. You can download it from here : Legacy

According to HP Support, your laptop has Windows 8.1 installed, is this correct, since you didn't post what Windows version you are running. If you need to reinstall any drivers for your laptop from HP including the IDT HD Audio driver (IDT was bought out by another company and doesn't update IDT drivers anymore) here is the link: HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support .

I think the amd driver I downloaded has disabled my sound. everything checks out and is working properly according to the control panel.

0 Likes

It is possible that the AMD Driver displaced the driver for your Beats Audio laptop. In Control Panel under Sound, does it show any audio device with IDT HD Audio or something like that. Click to reveal "disabled Audio Devices" and see if your original Audio IDT was disabled.

IDT HD Audio is the audio I found when I checked your HP Laptop at HP Support. Try downloading the IDT Audio driver and Reinstalling it again and see if the laptop audio works again.

What Windows Version do you have on your Laptop - Windows 8 or Windows 10?

https://community.amd.com/message/2660825

thanks again I found this just before you replied!

0 Likes