cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

golem25
Journeyman III

Crash while playing PUBG, how to proceed?

My specs are Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHZ, 8 GBs of RAM, and 64 bit. My graphics card is an Asus hd7850 dcuii.

While playing the video game Playerunknown's Battlegrounds on Steam, a crash seemed to have occured while I was AFK; upon return, the screen was black with gray vertical stripes and a loud monotonous tone coming from my audio device.

I rebooted my machine and noticed temperatures for my CPU temperatures were rather high, opting to leave the PC to cool down for a while.

Upon booting up once more, I got past the Windows screen, but was then faced with a black screen, cursor not visible. Surmising the issue to be related to the videocard and/or drivers, I booted into safe mode, and deinstalled the drivers with the downloadable tool AMD provides. This did not solve the issue upon a subsequent boot, so I installed the latest drivers off AMD's website.

Still, however, this did not solve the issue; regular booting leaves the screen black after the Windows page with no cursor visible. Running dxdiag, I noticed no graphics card was found.

This leaves me rather stumped, and I am requesting your advice on how to proceed next; is there something I missed, or need I open up my casing (PC is self-built) to check remove the RAM and check if the pins are clear? I much prefer not to mess with the insides, having little experience beyond building my PC, so any pointers you may have would be helpful!

If you need any further information from me, please let me know

0 Likes
0 Replies