cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ggnore
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen Chipset drivers not installing

Have a crosshair hero VI MB and a ryzen 5 1600.  Trying to install the latest chipset driver from AMD and the software does not launch.  I extract it and run the setup as admin, and the installer does not launch.  Check task manager and "AMD Software" is there, but not doing anything.  If I try to execute the setup.exe again, it says there is already an app running.  So what can I do?

0 Likes
1 Solution
y_b_a_fool
Journeyman III

I got the drivers to install by changing the extraction directory to a new location. I just created a new folder on my HHD and it extracted and opened correctly!Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
ggnore
Journeyman III

Adding system info:

GPU: 1080TI
Desktop
AMD Chipset Drivers 18.10.b
Benq 144hz & LG 4K 60hz
ASUS Crosshair VI HERO bios 1501

RYZEN 5 1600 stock clock
Corsair 850W psu
16gb ram

0 Likes
y_b_a_fool
Journeyman III

I am having the same issue using a Ryzen 7 1700, B350 motherboard and Windows 10 64bit. When I attempt to install the driver the program disappears after extraction and when I try to run the program again it says there is another app running... I attempted to install the driver in safe mode, but it would not execute...

0 Likes
y_b_a_fool
Journeyman III

I got the drivers to install by changing the extraction directory to a new location. I just created a new folder on my HHD and it extracted and opened correctly!Capture.JPG

0 Likes
genrabbit
Adept II

I have the same problem. Have 17.40 installed. Tried 18.10 and 18.10.b, non works. And I've also changed from default to some other place. No difference.

0 Likes
ggnore
Journeyman III

Download a zip extraction program like 7zip or winrar and extract the installer manually.  Then execute the setup program. There’s a bug with the installer that will hang up.

0 Likes
genrabbit
Adept II

The picture you show there extracts it. You don't need 7-zip or Winrar. And I have tried hitting the setup.exe, it runs in the background but gets nowhere.

0 Likes