cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

drseptapus
Journeyman III

Display Cuts Out For A Second When Loading Browser And Games

Just in this past week I put together a new computer using the Ryzen 5 2400G. Everything seems to be working well except that any time I open or close Google Chrome, or even when I go to websites like Youtube/Twitch, and when I open and close games my TV says "No RGB Display" for a second before coming back on. Here are my relevant specs:

Processor: Ryzen 5 2400G

Motherboard: MSI B350M Pro VD Plus

RAM: 1x8GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-2133

Power Supply: EVGA BT 450W

Monitor: Vizio M470NV 1080p LED LCD TV

Connection: VGA to VGA

Here is what I have done so far. First off I got the 2400G running by flashing the bios. Then I installed the MSI drivers, first through the disk that came with the motherboard then from their website. Then I downloaded the AMD auto detector to update my 2400G drivers. This is when I noticed the issue and started troubleshooting. First I tried changing my PC resolution to every available option I had, didn't fix it. Then I connected the VGA from my PC to a different TV and that removed the cut outs. However I then took another PC I have and hooked it up through VGA to the main Vizio TV and this one didn't have cut out issues. I then took the main Ryzen PC and hooked up the VGA to a little spare monitor I have lying around and again it has no issues.

So this makes me think that it's not an issue with the VGA cable or the TV. But also not an issue with the PC, at least by itself. So it has to be some issue with the specific combination of my Ryzen PC with my Vizio TV. I have no idea what the issue might be or how to fix it though. The only other thing I can think of is to connect my PC to the TV through an HDMI but my motherboard doesn't come with an HDMI port and I don't have/want to buy a USB to HDMI adapter.

0 Likes
0 Replies