cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hhaddow
Journeyman III

"keep system up-to-date" does not keep system up-to-date

Whenever I install the latest drivers I check the "keep system up-to-date" box, and yet a coupple of months later I find that my drivers are months out of date, how do get the auto-update to work?

System Windows 10 Pro 64bit
GPU Asus R9 380 4GB
CPU AMD FX-8350
Mothrboard ASUS M5A99X EVO

0 Likes
6 Replies
hotrith
Miniboss

That feature is for whql drivers and only notifies you that there is a new whql update, it do not update the drivers automatically, if you are on a non-whql driver, it will not detect a new update and is going to give a AMD connection to the server error, Non-whql are WIP not stable versions.

PS. At least for me, that feature never worked on the nonwhql drivers on several machines.

Thanks, it's a shame it doesn't do what it says on the tin.

0 Likes
jmaginarynumber
Journeyman III

If you have Radeon Settings, open it and click "Update". If that's not available, you can just download the latest driver and install it.

Not sure if this is confirmed, but I think the "keep system up to date" feature was intended for users who don't have Radeon Settings installed.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

it only works for whql drivers & you need to manualy open & execute it to install them. Auto update doesn't work for that reason incase there are messed up drivers gives options to roll back. I dont bother using that option as it is I rather manually download the fresh clean driver off AMDs support site. Tho in auto update gives you the option to roll back to previous whql drivers to.

0 Likes

I'm not sure if it is really tied to WHQL or not as I am positive I have had notifications of beta releases. I will say that I have never known it to be an auto update. It says keep up to date and it does that by notifying you of potential updates. Whether you click the button there or find the driver yourself it is still a manual download and install. Absolutely there has been some drivers lately that have not notified. It however has been normal that we get the driver posted a day or two on the site and know about it here in the forums before the notification shows up.

plumboby
Miniboss

yes I 2nd that & agree on that happens with mine to. Driver wise to update you still got to manually click to update which is actually a good thing as if others are experiencing issues with latest release updates yoor not forced to use a buggy update if others are finding issues. I like this feature of AMD not like Nvidia where it just auto updates when you dont want it to.

0 Likes