Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

doggo
Newcomer

Scaling mode does not work

Hello.

I have a video card AMD rx580 8GB connected to the monitor AOS AG251FZ via DisplayPort 2.0. Driver: Adrenalin 18.3.1

There are 2 problems with this bundle:

1: The scaling mode "Center" does not work. The monitor has a native resolution of 1920x1080, when I try to set the scaling mode "center" in the driver (for example, running Counter Stike: Global Offensive at 1280x1024 (5: 4)), the monitor displays it to the upper left corner, not "centered" ", which is naturally a problem.

2: I can not disable Freesync, it's possible to do it, but in the menu of the display, in any situation in the "refresh rate" field, this function remains on, which makes it impossible to activate another function "low input lag". On the specifics of the monitor, I must disable any buffering of frames to use the "low input lag" function.

Help me solve these problems.

Thank you for attention.

0 Likes
19 Replies
doggo
Newcomer

Additional info:

MotherBoard: GA-P55A-UD4(rev.1) BIOS: F15

Power: Antek 850 Watt

Driver: Adrenalin 18.3.1

Diaplay: AOC Agon AG251FZ 1920x1080@240Hz (DP2.0)

CPU: Intel Core I-7 860

RAM: 16GB

VideoAdapter: XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Core Edition (8GB)

0 Likes

Do you have GPU scaling on/enabled?

0 Likes

Yes, ofcourse. I tried to enable and disable GPUscaling, but there is no difference. The image always rests on the upper left corner.

0 Likes

Cant answer why center doesn't work but full panel works fine. Plus it centers and expands to the full limits of your screen if the native image does not. I would recommend that setting to you.

0 Likes

For example, it all looks something like this when the scaling mode is "center":

WP_20180313_14_49_24_Pro.jpg

0 Likes

Thanks, I pictured what you were saying just don't know what to do about it. I have never seen this issue before.

As I said I run full panel. This doesn't make everthing full screen either unless it is maximized or set to be full screen, otherwise it just centers. Have you tried this?

Another thing I have noticed in fact it just happened to me again after last months roll-up update in Windows,

after the update my monitor driver is back to being the Generic PNP,  I then have to reload my manufacturers driver. In my case, the PNP driver messes up FreeSync. So you might check this, or if you never had a Manufacturer Driver installed to begin with it could potentially help, even if not with this issue, something else.

I have also seen where the settings in the monitor itself can affect things, and many of the weird things going on causing issues in current drivers is because Microsoft has been sneaking in new standards upgades into their updates. So for for instance many monitors have settings for the different levels of Display Port Standards. You might look into the settings you have, as something that once worked might now be an issue. I even had an monitor once that would mess up and you had to unplug it and let it discharge and then turn.

Also give another port if available a try on your card and monitor. I have seen ports just go bad out of the blue. I have a bad HDMI port on my last R9 380x card.

If none of these simpler things don't pan out, I would move that monitor to another computer and see if it is fine there and/or vice versa try another monitor on yours to trouble shoot the issue. At least you will now for sure where the issue definitely resides.

If you don't have that option, unless your mean to your neighbors or family members, someone will help you out.

Good Luck! Let us know what you figure out.

0 Likes

Hold left mouse button, drag it to centre (windows should remember it after that) ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Hey ray_m​  gave some input in another thread that says "Scaling options are only available on HDMI connections, so you will not see them when connected via DP."

You can read that thread in entirety here: Can't get CCC to install with Adrenaline. It will only install Cnext/CCCslim

I know the topic looks different but it gets into the scaling stuff as it evolves.

0 Likes

In the end, I need to switch my monitor to hdmi for the normal functioning of the scaling mode. Right?

0 Likes

If you read the link I gave you that is pretty much the question I asked ray_m, he didn't really know either if Display port just doesn't support it or if the drivers don't affect it as it is already built into the standard, he is looking into it. Either way if you can hook it up another way to test what happens, it might benefit you and others in the future knowing what happens just changing the ports.

Good Luck!

0 Likes

Sadly, switching to HDMI2.0, and installing the official drivers for the monitor from the AOS site did not help me to change the situation with scaling, everything remained the same. = (

0 Likes

Bummer, I wish I knew what to tell you. Did you ever put it on Full Panel as I suggested and try like that?

0 Likes

Yes. I put on the full panel, but this method stretched the image to the edges of the monitor, and distorted it, it's not exactly the method that I need. Also, I set the preserve aspect ratio, this method though respects the proportions but also distorts the image like the full panel.

0 Likes

Have you been through all aspect ratio settings on your monitor itself? It happens all the time here that it ends up being a simple settings change on the monitor fixes things.

0 Likes

Unfortunately, the monitor aspect ratio settings are grayed out for me and can not be changed.

0 Likes

Even with different port options? Did you try a factory reset on that monitor?

0 Likes

Yes. But this does not help, only if you remove the monitor driver in Windows. I also have a video card called Nvidia gtx760, and it seems like the monitor behaves fine. Only with the AMD drivers the monitor behaves incorrectly.

0 Likes

That's good that you have a different card to test. At least you really know where the problem is. You should open a support ticket with AMD if you have not. Here is a link for you: Email Form

0 Likes
koder
Journeyman III

If the issue is still relevant, try the older version of the driver 17.11.4

0 Likes