cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gambit2k
Adept II

Ryzen 5 2400G + MSI Vega 56 Air Boost can't use any driver past 17.40.3701 dated February 14.?

Hi

I bought a Ryzen 5 2400G so I could do a little gaming while I waited to find a Vega 56 card to be in stock. So I finally got my hands on a MSI Vega 56 Air Boost at a "resonable" prize, but the issue I am having is that the only driver I can get to work is the release driver 17.40.3701 that came out at launch with the 2400G to work. I get a message "Unable to find drivers for your system" when trying to install any driver besides 17.40.3701 dated February 14.

Is the problem that AMD simply have not added any support for Ryzen 5 2400G with any driver other than the ones that came at launch? And that hinders the drivers to also be installed for my Vega 56? I can add that I am not interested in using dual graphics, I only want to be able to use my Vega 56 with the latest drivers. As there has come many optimizations for games I play since February.

In my bios there is no way to turn off the integrated GPU, and I have noticed that many B350 and X370 motherboards do not have this option (maybe because it should be done autmatically?). Anyone else have this issue?

Spec:

Ryzen 5 2400G

MSI X370 Gaming Plus (latest bios which that added the Raven Ridge support)

Team Dark ROG Series Gray 2*8 GB 3000 MHz

MSI Vega 56 Air Boost OC

EVGA Supernova GS 650W

Drivers.PNGGeneric.PNG

0 Likes
2 Replies
noyu
Journeyman III

I had the same problem when I was trying to make my 2400G work with my RX580 to work. But fortunately I had the a BIOS option to disable iGPU on my Gigabyte AB350N.

Try manually downloading installing the latest chipset drivers available from AMD (it doesn't come packaged with the GPU drivers for the Vega 11 iGPU), then installing the latest Radeon GPU drivers for your Vega56. Obviously, use DDU first before doing any of these.

0 Likes
spajdr
Adept III

If you don't have in BIOS, you are out of luck i'm afraid. We need to wait for adrenalin driver for 2400G.

0 Likes