cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pravi
Journeyman III

AMD 2200G driver causing black screen

Helping a friend put a computer together and we're running into issues installing the AMD 2200G GPU drivers.

Windows locates the Microsoft Basic driver from a fresh W10 install, and when we attempt to use AMD's auto detect software it'll come back stating there isn't any AMD hardware on the machine.

A little Googling states Windows Defender and anti-virus is causing the problem, so we disabled that and were able to install AMD's software.

But we get a blank screen on reboot, and the only way we can get a display is by going into safe mode.

Tried reinstalling it using "Have disk" via computer management and got the same error, the driver looks to be installed correctly via safe mode, but we can't get the computer to boot.

Looked up the motherboard and noticed a BIOS update was available for it, so we upgraded it to F21, highest available is F22B.

Specs:

Ryzen 2200G

Gigabyte AB350-Gaming3

W10

I've spent a bit of time searching the internet for any clues as to what's causing this, and it seems like it's a Windows/AMD conflict. Could use some help trying to identify the problem, because this is infuriating.

0 Likes
6 Replies
spajdr
Adept III

0 Likes

Yes, it does not work.

We tried that driver and on restart, no display. Just a black screen after it POST's.

0 Likes

Interesting, does PC still responds after it goes black screen? keyboard for example (LED diode for Numlock or Caps lock)

Did you tried to reconnect from DVI to HDMI cable perhaps it sending video signal to HDMI or vice versa (to DVI)

0 Likes
_sirius_
Adept II

why not install the latest bios F22B ?  the latest bios updates are usually to address some problem with the ryzen cpu. You won't break anything by flashing the latest bios.

0 Likes
limeous
Adept I

I have the same problem. I've tried everything to get this work on gigabyte ga-am350m ds3h but it still going blackscreen. I've tried to use remote desktop to see, what's happening and noticed that my monitor gone from device manager.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same board and processor. I never had this issue (though I'm having a lot of BSODs), but I would recommend using the media creation tool and starting fresh. Make sure you install the 64 bit version while in UEFI mode. Then let Windows update fully and then find your drivers with the drop down boxes on AMD's site.

0 Likes