1. GPU: AMD RX 580 8GB GDDR5

2. CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700 3.0 GHZ

3. Motherboard: AsRock X370 Killer SLI

4. OS: Windows 10 Home X64

5. Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster T220HD

6. Audio: Corsair VOID Surround Headset (wired) with USB adapter

7. Monitor connector: HDMI

8. Case: Corsair 200R

9. Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K55 RGB (wired)

10. Mouse: Redragon M601-3 (wired)

11. RAM: 2 Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR4 memory

I was recording three episodes of the TV show, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, in which the first episode I recorded had audio distortion in it while the rest didn't have the problem. Additionally, I had recorded Star Wars: Battlefront II and some of the recorded video had audio distortion. Audio drivers for my computer have been updated and OS updates applied. I didn't have this issue for the first months after I built my computer (October-December).

0 Likes
1 Solution

The weird thing is, if separate microphone track is enabled, main audio track is indeed no longer corrupted, but the microphone track is. I am having this problem with the microphone audio track at the moment. Game audio is crystal clear but microphone has the same popping problem. So it is not really a solution but a workaround.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
locodicegr
Miniboss

DDU->18.2.3

0 Likes
Szaby59
Challenger

Same issue here. Not related to playback device settings, the audio what relive records is just choppy even when I play it on my phone.

0 Likes
dargo_3dc
Adept II

I have the same problem with my rx vega64 liquid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJQoookmYPQ

It does not happen with every relive recording. Every driver is affected.

0 Likes
fragmaniac
Adept I

I have this problem too, and it's very annoying that it's still there even though 18.2.3 clearly states ReLive audio distortion is supposedly a fixed issue. Ghost Recon Wildlands is my main game I play lately, and I can't use ReLive to record it because of the annoying sputtering sound.

Get it fixed AMD!!! It's easy to see why most prefer Nvidia.

0 Likes

0 Likes
Szaby59
Challenger

Enabling "Separate Microphone Track" in Relive fixed the issue for me.

0 Likes

The weird thing is, if separate microphone track is enabled, main audio track is indeed no longer corrupted, but the microphone track is. I am having this problem with the microphone audio track at the moment. Game audio is crystal clear but microphone has the same popping problem. So it is not really a solution but a workaround.

0 Likes

At least this info should help fix the problem for the AMD engineers amdmatt​. I had a feeling it was a mic issue. Thanks for hopefully narrowing the cause down guys.

0 Likes
astrix_au
Elite

Are you running XPadder I found it was causing this for me as far as I know.

0 Likes

No I don't have that software installed on my computer. Thank you for your response.

0 Likes
astrix_au
Elite

Turns out xpadder wasn't causing it for me since I stopped using it but it's still happening.

0 Likes