Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lg18
Journeyman III

Driver update resulted in input lag?

Hi,

After updating to 18.3.2, I have some really bad input lag and games are borderline unplayable.

I’m using an R9 280x; what can I do?

Thank you.

0 Likes
6 Replies

Revert to the previous driver and report the issue through Radeon Settings.

Ok, how do I do that through radeon settings? I thought windows 10 automatically updates the drivers, preventing you from rolling back?

thanks

0 Likes

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply! I don’t have those settings at the bottom of my Radeon settings page, for some reason. No updates, preferences, notifications etc. I’m on the latest version too... do I have to select something t access  s them?

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

You can disable auto updates for AMD & windows btw its a easy fix if you have driver issues. As a question what kind of mouse are you using as sometimes can be the mouse drivers fowling the system not the AMD drivers. I use a basic cheapo mouse with effected driver for input lag no issues. What kinda mouse are you using i suspecting maybe mouse more than drivers. I seen it with logitechs causing havoc. Its not always the AMD drivers causing the issue sometimes hardware or things like high end assesories causing the problems been there done it. I use a $10 mouse for gaming with the same drivers without the lag as you are asking about, i found sometimes the cheap & nasty mouse keyboards are the way to go all my stepsons are running cheap mouse keyboards on 2 AMD builds & 2 crapvidia builds with the iffy 10 updates certain people moaning about input lag yet no issues. Sometimes that high end gear you pay good $ for isnt as usefully as they are marketed as a marketing ploy.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

will be in the update sections of the radeon panel saying keep the system upto date you ned to open that to see what updates are new & can be updated nice versa. need to click check for updates & the rest will pop up to suit2018.03.17-11.05.png

0 Likes