cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

纯洁的猪猪大哥
Journeyman III

I bought RYZEN 2400G and MSI B350, but it was very frustrating.

I was expecting this CPU, but I couldn't turn it on!Finally, I spent a lot of time to know the reason, because the old motherboard BIOS did not support the new AMD 2000, I am very upset now.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

In order to address the issue, refer to the document here :

Unable to Boot New Desktop System Configured with AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen™ Desktop Processor, and A...

Please make sure you include ALL the information required :

"Once you have submitted your claim for a processor loan boot kit, AMD will require a picture of your Ryzen with Radeon Vega graphics processor, that clearly shows the model number and unique serial number as well as a copy of the purchase invoice to authorize the request. Additionally, a summary or copy of communication with the motherboard manufacturer is requested to indicate why support from the Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) is not suitable. "

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

In order to address the issue, refer to the document here :

Unable to Boot New Desktop System Configured with AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen™ Desktop Processor, and A...

Please make sure you include ALL the information required :

"Once you have submitted your claim for a processor loan boot kit, AMD will require a picture of your Ryzen with Radeon Vega graphics processor, that clearly shows the model number and unique serial number as well as a copy of the purchase invoice to authorize the request. Additionally, a summary or copy of communication with the motherboard manufacturer is requested to indicate why support from the Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) is not suitable. "

SO SWEET .thank you so much!!

0 Likes

I wish Corsair company would have a Loan Kit like AMD has. I purchased a 4 RAM Memory Module Kit. One of the RAM module went bad. To replace it under Warranty I needed to send in all four Memory Modules to get a new kit. Unfortunately, this would have crippled my PC for at least two weeks until the new replacement came. In fact I mentioned about sending me at least one Ram modules as a loan to keep my computer working. They refused.

Hopefully, other companies will follow AMD's lead in providing a Loan kit to prevent a PC from being inoperative while a replacement part comes in.

0 Likes