Journeyman III

Colorful Artifacts Radeon RX480

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor 3.50 HGz

RAM: 16. GB

1TB Hardrive

64 bit operating system, x64-based processor

GPU: Radeon (TM) RX 480

Monitor: ViewSonic VX2452 Series

So since I bought this GPU roughly 8 months ago I have had the same issue with Colorful Artifacts whenever I play games. They are horrible and appear during all games with the exception of World of Warcraft. I have tried altering graphics settings on the games (which why should I have to when they are not graphically intense games for example My Time at Portia).

I should have called and had it replaced had I known it was a graphics card issue, however I have literally been searching for months online on how to fix it and have come up short until today. I read a post stating that it is indeed a faulty card. I would like to be sure before I bother calling because I hate dealing with customer support,  however I spent a good amount of money on my card roughly 260+US, and bought a new monitor to go with it.

I tried to attach a video but it will not allow me to, and a screen shot/snippet just shows up dark so I have attached the best pic I could. The artifacts become much worse and quicker throughout the screen, not just that corner. I'll wait and see what anyone says, but most likely will be calling to try and get a replacement tomorrow. I also attached the video afterall.Screenshot_3.pngScreenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

0 Likes
2 Replies
dstmnd89x
Challenger

Do you have another monitor and/or cable to try, perhaps even a LED TV? Those colored spots aren't like any artifacts I've seen before...

Generally, if your power supply is adequate and you drivers are up to date you shouldn't have any visual anomalies. Artifacts are typically described as being smaller pixel-sized patterns or groups that can change color and flicker as the GPU tries to render the frames.

0 Likes
neo5555
Adept I

This is interesting....    i have a pair of HD7970's in crossfire which have been experiencing a similar issue.

I just put it down to a faulty card, but i'm now thinking this is a driver issue..

0 Likes