cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

i cant make my amd gpu my default

Hello so I was messing around and i was getting really low frames and i was wondering why then i played a game and it told me that i was using intel gpu and not my amd and I cant fix it probably because i dont know how and i have a desktop not a laptop and i looked it up and i couldn't find anything that will work is there a way i can change it?

0 Likes
14 Replies

2018-03-11 (1).png

0 Likes
4monkeys
Adept II

set your pc to maximum performance and under the amd panel you can choose the application and what graphics card it is using, make sure performance over power saving graphics card.

0 Likes

how do i make my pc to maximum performance im on desktop and i dont have the button

0 Likes

He means, set the windows power plan to "High Performance".

Go to settings / control panel / hardware and sound / power options.

Then go to the Radeon settings and set the options for the applications you want.

0 Likes

2018-03-11 (2).png

0 Likes

click on "show additional plans".  high performance should show up.

0 Likes

so i click on gaming and i put the games in that tab?

0 Likes

No, you are doing two separate things.

The windows power plan will let your computers CPU and GPU operate in a high performance mode and not be throttled by any power savings features.

By going into the Radeon settings and selecting "gaming" you can customize each game for its best performance.

0 Likes

but i would like my amd card to be my main gpu its telling me that in using my intel gpu

0 Likes

Your monitor should be plugged into the GPU and not the motherboard?

Restart your computer, go into the system BIOS and select your dedicated GPU as the default.

You will need to supply more system information to drill down any further. But, this should get you on your way.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION 

0 Likes

well so u see im very smart it was plugged into the motherboard i fixed it thanks so much for the help

If only all computer problems were so simple to fix!  I'm glad its working, happy gaming!

0 Likes

im not on laptop

0 Likes

Connect the monitor to the graphics card port (not the mobo port), and/or change your mobo bios settings for 'Initial display first'(check your mobo manual for how-to)

Supplying INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION​, would make it easier for someone to offer further suggestions.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..