cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nrnsze
Adept I

Adrenalin 18.3.1 crashing while trying to install,fix?

nYGxJwX.png this is what happends. I uninstalled driver(s) via DDU before adrenaline release and this still keeps happening.

0 Likes
34 Replies
nrnsze
Adept I

Just to add. This is why.
cSV7WWV.png

0 Likes

BUMP..

0 Likes

I would run ccleaner run the registry cleaner and let it fix the registry, run it as many times as it takes to come back with nothing found. Then reinstall the drivers, don't use the express method, use custom then choose clean install. Also did you run DDU from safe mode? If you didn't that may be why it left junk behind, messing with things now.

Good Luck & Happy Gaming!

0 Likes

I noticed in the second post image that its says you installed the AMD Minimal Driver set. You need to download and install the AMD FULL DRIVER SET.

Download the full set from AMD Support.

Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall the current AMD Driver and Software. Delete C:\AMD Folder. Disconnect the Internet from your computer to prevent Windows from installing a different driver than the one you want to install. Run DDU in safe mode. Reboot

Reinstall the downloaded full set of AMD Driver and software and reconnect the Internet. Also if everything is working correctly, Re-delete the C:\AMD folder to clear up some Hard drive space.

0 Likes

pokester​ I run cleaner every 2 days and for last 10 days I have no registry problems so..

elstaci I used DDU in safe mode as people from "AMD" facebook group suggested,still same. About that "minimal driver set" I downloaded full version,that's just how it's shown in C:/AMD and I reinstalled that driver that ended up in failure and installed older one and updated,the same "minimal driver set" showed up in events viewer.

0 Likes

I suggest running the registry cleaner, after you ran DDU again from safe mode, as orphans are often left behind in the registry. I also specifically said to reinstall the driver again with Clean Install. If you have not tried this, I would. If you truly have then you may have something more going on. Unfortunately we have pretty much no information on your system to go on. So about the best anyone can do to help is very generic advice. Once you list your specs as requested in the forum information, it may possibly shed more light on things.

Best Wishes!

0 Likes

I installed the driver and everything but every time I open it or try changing ANY settings it just crashes.. Guess it's just better to keep an old driver since it worked way better even tho I have slight fps improvement in "newer" games such as Final Fantasy XV that came out 3 days ago.

I'll try to do it all over again,hopefully it helps,if not I'll just roll back to good old working drivers.
Specs?
i5 4460
AMD HD7850 OC 1gb Windforce Gigabyte
8gb 1333mhz

0 Likes

If you can disable the intel graphics in the bios I would, and make sure it is initializing the PCIe port first either way. Often it is the PEG option. I'd unplug from the internet too when you run the DDU and until you successfully have the driver install. You may have a case of Windows interfering in the background.

0 Likes

Not possible. I'm using intel graphics for my 2nd monitor. It's a huge deal for me and if it's the cause for all of this then AMD needs to do something about it because it makes no sense if you use intengrated graphics to cause drivers to crash/not work properly.

0 Likes

just to clear something that you mentioned, Are you trying to run both the integrated Intel Graphics and Discrete AMD Graphics at the same time?  One monitor connected to the Intel graphics and another monitor connected to the AMD graphics?

When you install the AMD driver, does it show a successful installation or some error message shows up? 

Maybe Pokester is correct. By disabling the iGPU through through the BIOS (Temporarily) and Device Manager and disconnecting the monitor from the iGPU and setting the BIOS to boot from the Discrete AMD GPU card, you may have a better chance of the AMD drivers installing correctly and working correctly. Once the AMD Radeon software is working and not crashing, go back to BIOS and reset it to iGPU and enable it in Device Manager and reconnect your monitor and see what happens.

You didn't mention the Make and Model of your Motherboard. But if it has a newer BIOS update, maybe by updating the BIOS to the latest version it may make the AMD driver work correctly. But be careful when updating the BIOS, one OPS already bricked his 2014 MSI motherboard after updating the BIOS in one of the current threads here at AMD Forum.

elstaci So what you're trying to say is that I should temporarly disable Intel Graphics just to install drivers basicly? I can try that,won't hurt anyone,hopefully it does the trick because someone else told me while ago that he had problems like with Crimson series because he had 2 monitors but it wasn't on integrated gpu,he said he just disabled 2nd monitor and it worked but when I did it,it didn't really work (but I didn't disable integraded gpu from bios,only from windows display settings).

Just to add. When I'm trying to install amd driver it just crashes in middle of installation. Sometimes it goes off (like it should,black screen to "load") and then it crashes afterwords. 
Model of motherboard: H81M-DS2 with updated firmware and Application Center to the latest. I'll get back to the post and give an answer if it helps.

@pokester

Because my HDMI died and I only have DVI left which is used for main monitor and this gpu is really bad when it comes to performance so even if I had the port free I would probably still decide to use integrated graphics just based on performance issues I had before when both ports working. But I'll test the things you 2 said and i'm really greatful for the answer,hopefully it works ^_^

0 Likes

Even though you may not have display port on your monitor you can buy a display port to hdmi cable for about $10 or less. I had my HDMI port die on my R9 380x.

0 Likes

pokester​ I don't know did you got me wrong or something but port in GPU is damaged,it's competely dead and can't be recovered. I have DVI and HDMI only,since HDMI is full-on dead I'm only using DVI. And to be honest even 10$ is too much for me because in my country everything is doubled because of currency yet we earn 4 times less.

0 Likes

elstacipokester​ I installed driver normally when I disabled intel gpu but radeon settings crashes every time I try to open control panel. Sometimes it lets me open but when I click on any tab "gaming,video,relive,connect,display" it crashes (except "system"). Tried with and without intel gpu still same.

Report:

Faulting application name: RadeonSettings.exe, version: 10.1.2.1703, time stamp: 0x5a99fdbb

Faulting module name: Qt5Core.dll, version: 5.9.0.0, time stamp: 0x592827ae

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000001bf9d3

Faulting process id: 0x1908

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3b87e0b368633

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSettings.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Qt5Core.dll

Report Id: a7db6b5f-65fa-4ca4-bdfb-6fcc3d9bbb48

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

0 Likes

Found this link for the Qt5Core.dll crashing Radeon settings from AMD Forum. The Re-registering the dll file fix the problem. Here is the old thread: RadeonSettings.exe - system error (Qt5Core.dll, ...)

Here is another link that gives three ways to fix your problem: Fix: Cnext.exe cannot start because MSVCP120.dll or Qt5Core.dll is missing - Appuals.com

0 Likes

I'm not too sure.. I don't really go that deep into knowledge but I think

i'll revert back to old drivers.

0 Likes

Sorry buddy but if you're going to play in the AMD camp your going to learn more about the inner workings than you ever wanted!

0 Likes

I would switch to nvidia if I had money bruh hahaha

0 Likes

I would can only give advice based on experience, using both graphics at once is just asking for issues. May I ask why you would be using the on board graphics for the second monitor when your card is capable of support 4 monitors itself? It's just begging for problems to do this IMHO. If it is a matter of not having exactly the right port, you can get a mini display port converter to another port for really any of the 3 different ports you have on the card.

One of the trickiest situations and we see it all the time here are people with switchable graphics or apu plus discrete setups on laptops. The AMD drivers have to be handled in a very specific way to even get them to load and work.

You are kind of voluntarily forcing that situation on yourself.

As elstaci said below at a minimum I would get is working with just the one monitor first then re-enable the on-board graphics.

Good Luck!

I don't think I got you wrong. But you gave your model and I looked it up and it has 4 ports not just hdmi and dvi. It has 2 mini display ports according to the information page and picture on the manufacturers site. If your card is something different I have no idea, I only went on the limited information you gave. But those 2 mini display ports with conversion can support 2 monitors with ANY type of connection port. So just trying to help and not trying to spend your money for you. We (I) am just trying to help you and have no idea what your situation is beyond what you tell us. So if your given information you feel doesn't help, then don't follow it.

This is the link to the name of the card you gave: GV-R785OC-2GD | Graphics Card - GIGABYTE Global

Pretty sure that those are two mini-display ports above the hdmi port.

0 Likes

I had an HD 7850 where I had one HDMI port used for my monitor and a MiniDP-HDMI Active Adapter to connect my HDMI Samsung TV. My HD 7850 only had one HDMI port but two MiniDP ports. The ACTIVE miniDP-HDMI adapter worked great.

Make sure to get an ACTIVE adapter and not the Non-active type

0 Likes

elstaci​ nah,mine doens't have any MiniDP ports,has 1 dvi and 1hdmi. Only 1 port works now and I really need 2nd monitor so.. That's out of question unfortunately

0 Likes

Pokester and I are having some confusion as to why your Gigabyte GPU card only has two ports, HDMI and DVI. Can you upload a picture of your GPU card showing the side where all the ports are located (a photo of your computer Outputs showing the GPU outputs) or at least show the box in which the GPU card came in.

Where did you purchase this GPU card from?  Ebay or Amazon Marketplace etc. If your say you have a Gigabyte Gpu card, it should have 4 ports on it. I am beginning to wonder if someone shipped you a fake card dressed as a HD 7850. For instance the cowl (the part that has the fan and heatsink) could easily be switched from an older model.

0 Likes

Yah I always forget to mention to get the active adaptor! Thanks!  Not sure why his card would be different than the picture and written specs on Gigabytes site. Maybe they release a lesser product under same name in other regions?

0 Likes

It is weird. Most cards have more than just 2 ports available. You are right, at Gigabyte it shows HDMI, DVI, and two Mini DP ports on the card. Unless the OPS gave the wrong manufacturer of the GPU card.

Or he purchased a Fake HD 7850 that is actually a different and older card. That is possible if he bought the GPU card from, for instance, Amazon Marketplace. 

You gave a good suggestion about using an adaptor to get an second HDMI.

0 Likes

I didn't checked,it does have 2 mini ports but for me they're useless anyway,not gonna be able to connect VGA cable into it anyway.

0 Likes

It seems like there are many MiniDP-VGA adapters. Some go from less than $10.00 to more than $20.00. Here one at Amazon that is less than $10.00. Maybe in your Country you will be able to locate something similar that is less expensive or you could try Ebay that sells many cheap products from China. Need to be careful at Ebay you might purchase a Fake adapter or product.

0 Likes

I wish he was here I saw several of these for 5 bucks on the shelf at micro center on clearance.

0 Likes

Even 10$ is too much for me,dollar is double my currency + there's "rules"

when something goes thru border I need to pay a fee based on the product

price. I gotta get new gpu anyway,I don't get anything even if I buy mini

cable for vga because LIKE I SAID i don't want to use gpu for both

monitors,I want my gpu to be forced out max so I can get max performance

when playing games.. Especially to struggle with games like pubg

0 Likes

If you don't mind me asking, but what country are you from?

If you can't afford to purchase a inexpensive adapter how can you afford to purchase a new GPU card that will cost many times more?

0 Likes

I sure am not trying to spend your dollars for you. I have had plenty of times in my life when a few bucks wasn't something I had to spend. So believe me, many of us Americans get that too! I hope your situation improves. What we really are doing is just giving you the solutions we think can help you. You asked for help and this is the advice we know to give. If that isn't something you can use, I truly hope a new set of drivers comes along that works for you. I really have nothing else to offer you and really do wish I did. I absolutely understand how frustrating it is for something not to work. I think it sucks your HDMI port doesn't work. If I were you, you might send Gigabyte and email. Link this thread in on it. Explain your situation. Maybe they will help you out by fixing or replacing that card. Not to steer anyone away from the AMD side but if you could swing a new card anytime soon a GTX 1050 ti would be a great inexpensive card, it has very low power requirements and has good drivers too. I know I am spending your dollars for you again. I just want to give you real options to get you gaming again.

Anyway best of luck to you!

0 Likes

radeon setings is crashing like crazy for me too in the latest drivers. I have already started a thread on this. It will run again and I can change a setting a get things where I need them but it is a slow go.

0 Likes

Before Adrenaline,start of crimson series drivers worked good.. What the

hell happend

0 Likes

Honestly I think it all began with Wattman, Relive and the power phasing.

0 Likes