cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pvdnam
Journeyman III

can't find radeon additional settings

I can't see it in preferences29025906_1805823926386592_2547423297432190976_o.png Rx560, help me!

0 Likes
12 Replies

Additional settings was retired months ago..all the functions are now in the Relive control panel.

here where its located 2018.03.11-20.19.png

I think you made a mistake there, whilst it is true that the Additional settings were retired months ago and have moved. The settings  (Pixel Format etc) are now under the Display tab, not in Relive, for obvious reasons, if you skip the Relive install!

The control panel is what I was referring to...thought you could figure that out. What do we call it now? Wattman? Crimson? Relive?

0 Likes

@kingfish I always though the control panel was something in Windows and nothing at all to do with Radeon Settings and Relive etc. or the Additional Settings the OP was looking for. So sorry I could not figure it out hence my attempt to clarify it for the OP.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

They are there under the Radeon overlay 2018.03.11-21.34_01.png

Easier and more obvious to access those settings via the Display tab.

plumboby
Miniboss

easier to acess any way prety user friendly to acess what ever way.

pvdnam
Journeyman III

Thank you everyone so much

0 Likes
hitbm47
Forerunner

Hi, ray_m is probably going to lock this post,

But, I need to note something important here after narrowing the issue down. The removal of Radeon Additional Settings in 17.7.2 caused a major decrease in performance for a lot of older games, I mean up to a x4 decrease in minimum framerates (80FPS down to 29FPS in a lot of cases).

Way too much games are affected by this, but ones I can definitely point out are Unreal Tournament 3, Heroes of Might and Magic 7.

Games that most likely will also be greatly affected by it are Borderlands 2, most Batman games, Bioshock 1 (probably 2 and maybe 3).

Can we please get this to AMD's attention instead of just locking the thread?

Kind regards

0 Likes

All Radeon Additional Settings features have been integrated into the main interface and will not be coming back.

If you have an issue, open a new thread, do not resurrect old threads.

0 Likes

Hi @Ray_AMD 

I understand your concern, but no it clearly hasn't, just tested 17.7.1 and get much higher frame-rate than 17.7.2 - 21.6.1, please redirect this to the developers, they dropped major optimizations in removing some of its' .DLL's which isn't available for new RX 5000 and RX 6000 cards.

Please investigate this issue.

Kind regards

0 Likes