cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

teopat
Journeyman III

rx 500 memory bug

so i'v got this problem almost a half year now my gpu usually starts with my pc and stuck in 300mhz memory clock (rx 560) but after couple restart bcs my pc for some reason will blue screen some times while opening and i know that the problem is the gpu every time their is a new driver available my pc will crash mid download and cancel the driver from downloading but when it actually install i will have a problem with the name 1603 and my driver will be half installed what ever i do now recently i buy DOOM that is laggy what ever setting i use VULCAN/OPENGL i have 20 fps and a lot of dips and i thought it was just the game then i release that my gpu was running at 300mhz or 625mhz  when i look at the walls my fps go 100+ and i hit the 1750 memory but when i look in the game again dip to 300 any fix plz? i really dont want to buy a new gpu right now ...

0 Likes
16 Replies

The Radeon drivers dynamically adjust your clock speed based on load/demand. This is normal. If you are having stability issues I would try and disable "CHILL" and see if that makes a difference. From there if it does not it may be a typical power phasing issue which can be worked around by raising the POWER LIMIT SLIDER in Wattman to its maximum (all the way to the right). If none of this helps, and I am assuming you are on a desktop and not dealing with multiple graphics cards or built in graphics, run DDU  Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download   from SAFE MODE. Then restart and install the latest drivers again with custom settings and choose clean install, don't choose express install.

Let us know it this helped!

Good Luck & Happy Gaming.

0 Likes

tnx for reply my chill is always off my power limit i have maxed out every time i go play a video game and i just clean uninstall the driver and reinstall it BOOM 1st boot 300mhz not only in doom  but in everywhere well...

0 Likes

and now my system crashes much more luckily every time i try to boot in to my windows fps in doom i can say got even worst right now

0 Likes

What are your full system specs? You have something more going on here. It sounds like your either your driver isn't installing right. Or your system isn't even trying to use your video card. Do you have onboard or switchable graphics, is this even a desktop computer?

0 Likes

i have my onboard graphics on for suport my 2 monitor this is a computer and i builed it ist it was ok then after the driver 17.9.1 i think things started changing and then started all this bugs my system is i3 6100 8ddr4 2133 oc mobo is H110M PRO-VH and one 500gb HDD

0 Likes

I don't know of any AMD card that doesn't support 2 monitors. Why would you be running one with the onboard graphics? Typically when you add a dedicated card you then disable onboard graphics. The AMD drivers are very picky about playing nice with multiple graphics setups at times. I would do this. Try and get it working with just the one monitor (not permanent just to get it working) then once you have that working right add the second monitor back in on the AMD card. If you don't have the 2 ports you need, you just buy a cheap converter for display port to whatever you need.

If all else fails, revert back to an old driver if that works. Again not a permanent or optimal solution, but if it works it works. I'm frustrated with the state of driver for nearly a year now too.

0 Likes

well the problem was way back be fore a add the 2 monitor i have the 2 monitor bcs my rx 560 dont have vga xD so i m onboard vga and looks good to me so this is not tha case i'v tryed to rall back to the driver 17.7.2 and i dont know if it worked but i was getting steal blue screens and gpu crashes

0 Likes

they do make dvi and display port to 15 pin VGA. You really just need an adapter. Used to be cards came with them. But for the Triple the price of suggested retail they get today, I can sure see why they can't afford to include a one dollar adapter. Okay yes that was sarcasm.

0 Likes

i just roaled back to 17.7.2 tryed doom and i had 40fps it's an improvement i m gonna see it throw the night and tell you the news thx for the help my 2 monitor and vga is not a problem with my gpu

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

An idea would be game on 1 monitor & if your intel integrated is still enabled use that with a monitor for your main & basic desktop aplications. AMD cards are picky but my stepson runs a R7 360 2G on a 32inch tv as his primary gaming monitor & integrated motherboard on his i3 4150 for all his desktop & other applications no issues on a crapper monitor. He does U tubing & Beta testing for Rockstar Ubisoft with video calling with out issues. AMD drivers are picky tho its how you enable & run your build to.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

Hes on the latest 10 update of 1709 with 18.2.1 drivers no issues.

0 Likes

i m running my games in only one monitor my 200$ asus i bought a while back and i let my 10 year old monitor to dysplay facebook etc... i just roiled back to 17.2.2 and i have to say my system runs much faster my fps in doom get better not a hole but at least i can play it now i m goona try to go in 18.3.2 when it came out to see

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

I am running on an old AOC 193FW+ monitor on Dvi cable & on 18.2.1 drivers with out fps dips playing The Witcher 3 on a i5 2400 8G ram on a RX560 without issues & its intensive as on card & my old pig of a build without frames dropping & I play a mix of instesive games no issues. Its not the drivers & I have thrown some mongrel power tests against it so does my stepson on his build. usually with GTA5 with many apps running on his i3. I psuh mine to its limits no issues I am thinking could be PSU related to not getting enouight power to drive the drivers to their potiential. I run a 600w & recommended to run 500w + for these cards. I do say on recommendation tho to replace PSU on a cycle of 2-3 years as the quality vs quanity is crap had 2 good Antecs cough within 18 months as why I suggest this. Had games not run properly as lack of juice from a PSU & these cards are picky on power supply & display cables you go cheap you get what you pay for lesson learnt, not always drivers at fault usually hardware more of the common issue.

0 Likes

i m running a 550w turbox that i piced up 1 year back for 50 euros and now i dont know how to say it but i taked out my gpu to clean it and now my sound is not working well this pc i m updating to 18.2.1 to see if this gona get fixed or i may have to contact Microsoft 2 ...

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

I am from NZ we dont get the avalibility of some of the new good stuff for a while or pay really big $ for crap. Microsofts 10 1709 update has been horrible driver wise for AMD compatability wise causing chaos. What I did to solve my problem was run my OS on SSD, Download AMD drivers to USB flash driver with DDU as well checked over all my cables, Running over excessive PSU 600w to allow for it crapiing itself had 2 Antecs die within 2 years wont go that way again. Took me ages to pick threw mine. I am running on a suspect PSU right now but its stable, AMD cards & builds are picky with cheap crap shell out on decent Brand known PSUs, SSDs, Hardware, Ram & Cables lesson learnt from my issues why I suggest it & have fixed a few by this method.

0 Likes

i hope when i grow amd to fix all the issues but for now i m stuck only with the budget market so ...

0 Likes