cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

copiman
Adept I

Help finding driver

According to HP, I need a display driver for AMD Radeon HD 6750M. I have Windows 10. I have searched and cannot find it. I would like to install just the driver itself. Can someone help me find the driver? By the way, HP documentation says its an AMD Radeon HD 6750M but the laptop has 2 listed under display adapters (which was causing boot issues) and they were "AMD Radeon 6600M & 6700M series" and "AMD Radeon 6620G" which is confusing me even more.

0 Likes
1 Solution

No...you have a A8-3500M APU. AMD A-Series A8-3500M Notebook Processor - NotebookCheck.net Tech

This is how you find the correct driver: Laptop graphics update...How to

Fill the steps out exactly like this

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies

You have switchable graphics. You also have a APU...which you neglected to tell us which one.

Please read this > Laptop graphics update...How to

and if you have further questions, please furnish  INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

0 Likes

I suspect they are going to be legacy driver which is going to cause trouble. Go back to your pc manufacturer if its a laptop & download your legacy drivers to suit. Tho first I recomend to make sure your windows OS is upto date.

0 Likes

A friend told me the same thing late yesterday. I posted my specs (hope I included whats needed). Not sure where to find what I need.

0 Likes

Sorry for not listing specs. Very frustrated yesterday and not thinking straight which is my problem. Thank you for responding. I hope I list what is needed.

Laptop- HP Pavilion dv6-6135dx

OS- Windows 10 64Bit

Drivers- AMD Radeon 6600M and 6700M version 15.201.1151.1008

AMD Radeon HD 6620G version 15.201.1151.0

Motherboard- Hewlett-Packard  Bios F.21

CPU- AMD A 3500M APU with Radeon HD Graphics

Ram- 6GB

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

they will be 15. drivers unfortunately just have to dig threw the AMD archives or another idea is go threw HP driver data  base to suit your laptop the unfortunate thing.

0 Likes

Having trouble finding the archives. Can you direct me to them? maybe a link?

0 Likes

No...you have a A8-3500M APU. AMD A-Series A8-3500M Notebook Processor - NotebookCheck.net Tech

This is how you find the correct driver: Laptop graphics update...How to

Fill the steps out exactly like this

0 Likes

Thanks Kingfish. Unfortunately there are no drivers for Windows 10. It says to allow Windows to update the driver which will load original driver for Windows 7 which causes extremely slow boot time. I am now using Windows basic display driver which works and does not cause extremely slow boot time. I know I loose functionality of having the right driver but it serves my purpose. Thanks to all that supported me on this quest, you have furthered my knowledge. Presently in school for computers and networks. Thanks again.