Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

freelancer1
Journeyman III

R9 3xx series GPU throttling issues

Hello!

I have a problem with my graphics card in which it can't keep it's core clock stable in any sort of game and this produces a lot of fluctuations and low fps. This problem occurred to me at random (it seems), because I cannot pin point the issue. I have tried to raise the Power Limit to 20% in the AMD control panel and in MSI afterburner, but with no success. This problem seems to appear in every game that I played (like Diablo, Warframe, PUBG, Battlefield, even Borderlands 2. I also tried Ashes of the Singularity DX12, DX11 and Vulkan and it seems that the problem only appears only on the CPU focused benchmark and in general gameplay.), but it doesn't appear in benchmarks or GPU stress tests (like Heaven Benchmark, Superposition Benchmark of 3DMark).

Note that I tried to uninstall the AMD video drivers with the AMD cleaning uitility, I also tried installing older versions of the video driver and even reinstalled Windows.

I have attached a screenshot with the graphs from MSI Afterburner to better illustrate my problem.

Thanks in advance!

• AMD Graphics Card
    • MSI Radeon R9 380 4gb; Sapphire R9 390x
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Version 18.3.1
  • Display Devices
    • Samsung CF27F390 Curved monitor, connected through a HDMI cable from the HDMI Out of the GPU to HDMI in of the monitor, 1920x1080 @72hz (stock)
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-ud3 r5, bios revison F2
  • CPU/APU
    • AMD FX 8300
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Super Flower SF-500r14SE 500W, 80+ Silver
  • RAM
      • 16GB  Kingston HyperX blue 1600Mhz
0 Likes
3 Replies

Get a higher Watt(750W) psu to run the 390x, and remove the 380, or remove the 390x.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

I am sorry that I wasn't clear enough. I don't run both of the cards at the same time.

0 Likes
freelancer1
Journeyman III

BUMP

0 Likes