Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

randa71
Adept III

Threadripper VSOC safe/default voltage

Hi all,

i have a question: i would like to know which is standard VSOC Voltage for 1950X. I ask because with DDR4 2133 my motherboard automatically set VSOC voltage to a value lower than 0.9V (0.872V). With DDR4 2400 or 2666 (speed officially supported) VSOC voltage should be the same or slightly higher? I ask because with my previous motherboard (Asus C6H with 1700X)  Vsoc voltage was automatically set to 1.05V with ddr4 2400. with ddr4 2133 Vsoc voltage was automatically set to 0.9V. Machine with ddr4 2400 was perfectly stable but i didn't know if a soc voltage of 1.050v was correct....

Today i have just ordered a dddr4 2666 kit for my 1950X and i want to know which is the right Vsoc voltage value for ddr4 2666. I must set manually vsoc to 0.9v or i don't have to change value that my motherboard will apply automatically? (leaving that item to auto).

Are within AMD spec that with a ddr4 clock higher than 2133 (2400 or 2666) Vsoc should be increased?

I ask because i want my cpu running with safe voltages for a lot of years.

Thank to all.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Maybe say what MB you have now? Maybe someone with exact same can confirm.

But from my own experience on this platform those voltages sound normal, yes. The higher the frequency the higher the SOC voltage the board will set. That is normal. However if you need that extra voltage depends a lot on your RAM...quantity/quality etc.

For 3200MHz 32GB here, the board tries to set auto a bit high...I run an offset of -0.085v to bring it to 1.02v...but that is of course specific to my CPU you will have to do your own testing

RAMTest is very good for testing RAM stability at different voltages...a bit of tinkering and you can soon find the sweet spot for your RAM/CPU combination or HCI Memtest

While it may still be "ryzen" TR is a different platform and you shouldn't assume you can bring over exactly your previous experience with AM4

0 Likes

you are right, sorry. my mainboard is Asus Prime X399-A.

Regarding ddr4 2400 now i've just installed my new kit (2400 not 2666) and it's like Crosshair VI with 1700X: CPU SVI SOC is automatically set 1.05V, and Asus sensor board read 1.09V like old Crosshair and 1700X.

I hope that this SOC voltage is normal for THR. Normal and safe.

0 Likes

Sounds pretty Normal...it's definitely safe. Like I say It might be more than you need though...I guess the board is always going to play on the safe side which is always on the upper side with voltage.

I have a Zenith...it sets similar...and I think the VRM/power delivery on these boards is similar/same

Over 1.2V SOC is too high from what I understand

0 Likes