cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

chkl
Adept I

Boot kit support - "have had no reply from you in the last 10 days" automated email from AMD support, even though I sent a reply almost two weeks ago?

Around two weeks ago I began the boot kit RMA process with AMD support to be able to update my motherboard to the newest BIOS to support my purchase of a Ryzen 2400G.

I was first sent an email with my ticket number, then later an email instructing me to send pictures of the processor with serial number and summary of conversation with motherboard manufacturer.

I replied to that email within a few hours. This was almost two weeks ago and I have not had a reply to that since, except an automated email telling me:

"If you submitted your request electronically, we have sent a response to your inquiry and have had no reply from you in the last 10 days."

I've re-sent an email but I'm wondering if this is a situation others are coming across as well? No response to their email?

For reference, my ticket # is SR #{ticketno:[8200793175]}.

0 Likes
4 Replies
smok768
Journeyman III

Can i ask you how fast you recieved e mail requesting for photos?

0 Likes

It took me two and a half days, which is, from looking around, around how long most people took to receive a reply.

Ray_AMD
Community Manager

While you did open the RMA request on 22/2, you did not provide the information that was requested (images, etc) until yesterday, March 6.

We have now received the required data and your Boot Kit request is being processed.

Thank you for looking at this.

I did send a reply with information to the initial email asking for it. However, what now realize is that the initial email lacked the "SR # {ticketno: blahblah} information in it. The email from support said "In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact." where "service request reference" has somewhat of a vague meaning I'd interpreted the wrong way. And my recent re-reply hadn't changed anything other than including said reference number.

So it looks like the issue is being resolved at last. It would be good though, if for others' sake, emails lacking a SR # were automatically responded to with a reply asking to include it.  It's rather unsatisfying believing one's case is being processed when it isn't.

To anyone else reading this who's also had their processing period take a while, check your reply and make sure it includes the ticket number provided to you!

0 Likes