cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dreadraven07
Journeyman III

Rx 470 Strix fps drops down to 15-25 in all games for a few seconds every now and then

I've tried reinstalling the drivers multiple times and I'm still getting frame drops. Previously turning vsync on fixed it but now it doesnt work anymore. I've having fps drops on games like Path of Exile, R6 Siege, For Honor, and FFXV. So far Overwatch is running fine but it's stressing me out that in the 2 years of having the card I'm only having the issues recently.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Apparently the issue has been fixed by resetting everything to their default values in profile wattman settings. I used to put it in +25% power limit since it helped prevent gpu crashes. Reverted it back to 0 since it was causing the said fps drops. Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Use GPUz to monitor the card and post a screenshot of the sensor page showing a time when the FPS drops, that'll show if it's overheating and thermal throttling.

Apparently the issue has been fixed by resetting everything to their default values in profile wattman settings. I used to put it in +25% power limit since it helped prevent gpu crashes. Reverted it back to 0 since it was causing the said fps drops. Thanks!

Cool! good info to know! I only ran some benchmarks with the new drivers. But noticed a pretty good hit on performance about 10% or more. So now I know to see if putting the power limit back fixes it now. Thanks!

0 Likes