cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pledged101
Journeyman III

Eyefinity keeps turning on after restart.

I tried Eyefinity out and did not like it so I turned it off. But now every time I restart my computer it turns back on. Pluss now my games keep freezing.

Stats:

Radeon Software Version - 18.2.3

Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin

Graphics Chipset - Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics

Memory Size - 4096 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Core Clock - 1303 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

System Memory - 16 GB

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz

Radeon Settings Version - 2018.0219.2048.37430

Driver Packaging Version - 17.50.25.01-180219a-324524E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin

Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1634

Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01316

OpenGL® Version - 6.14.10.13507

OpenCL™ Version - 23.20.15025.1004

AMD Mantle Version - 9.1.10.0237

AMD Mantle API Version - 102400

AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.6

Vulkan™ Driver Version - 2.0.14

Vulkan™ API Version - 1.0.65

0 Likes
8 Replies
Hardwood
Paragon

I believe the easiest fix is use DDU to uninstall in safemode.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB

This AMD link on how to setup and configure Eyefinity will be useful for your question: Creating an Eyefinity Display Group Using AMD Radeon Software

0 Likes
mitburger
Journeyman III

Did you find a fix for this as I have the exact same issue. Saw the Eyefinity option, turned it on, didn't like it for my setup and now its enabled every time i boot and games i play have been freezing occasionally. Using an R9 270x and FX 8320

0 Likes

Did you find a fix?

0 Likes

I have same problem, never found a fix, happens every time I plug in my 4th monitor.  I delete the eye infinity group setup, and next restart, it is BACK AGAIN!

0 Likes

It's been over what 2 years and AMD haven't even fixed or released a way how to prevent this problem, This happens to me a lot when im trying to play triple monitor games or whatever on my 6900XT but Eyefinity somehow comes back after restarting my computer when I definitley "Discarded Setup" to prevent all 3 monitors from combining back into one.

FIX: (This worked for me multiple times) Ok so its going to be such a pain but your just going to have to uninstall the whole of your AMD control panel and graphics settings that is the only way i've found out to prevent this from happening, I know its a long process filled with updates and restarts and flashy screens buttttt its worth it when you dont have stupid monitor flashing and everything being broken!

I personally think AMD should really up there game and actually help out the community and provide us with solutions to our problems but like I say its been over 2 years and still no awnsers?? whats the point in having a faulty option inside your application if you know its going to hold your company back from sales and reviews come on lads sort it out

Hope this helped you lot out btw 

If it didnt work then im sorry but thats all ik right now

Many thanks

Oli!

0 Likes

The only way I'm doing still now. I've downloaded the offline installer of  whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.9.2 to make it easy for me.

Tanym
0 Likes
MartinCZ987
Adept II

welcome to amd  XD

0 Likes