cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

acr2018
Adept I

Ryzen 5 2400g flickering pixels

I'm new here. I posed this in drivers area, but maybe I should post in CPU? Thank you I'm hoping to build 10 of these systems, this is the prototype but this issue has me stumped:

I'm getting random blinking pixels, all over the screen. They are not predictable, but they do usually do the same pixels 2-3 blinks, then some other pixels somewhere else. Very weird! This is a very short youtube video of what I am seeing, this goes everywhere on the screen:

My new monitor flickering pixels? - YouTube

Built this system with latest drivers as of 2/21/18:

-Windows10pro 64bit, clean install from USB with lastest .ISO

-Ryzen R5 2400g - stock cooler and settings. When I've checked temps range 22c-39c

-ASUS strix ROG b350-F gaming ATX, flashed w/latest BIOS

-Samsung 960 NVME m.2 250gb HD

-2x4gb DDR4 3400 patriot

-corsair RM650x

-Samsung 4k monitor ue510

Its a Samsung monitor from Costco, UE510 which is 4k60 w/freesync. With generic driver (windows / samsung?) the monitor seemed fine while updating drivers. I then downloaded and installed the radeon software 17.7 after AMD chipset drivers were installed. Not long after that I noticed those blinking pixels. My new monitor flickering pixels? - YouTube .

I tried to troubleshoot for about 4 hours, reinstall drivers from Samsung and Radeon. After this I enabled freesync on the monitor and in Radeon software. Freesync didn't fix the problem, its the exact same. I spent a few days wondering if it was a bad cable. So I tried HDMI cable instead of DP and same problem.

I then thought maybe its the monitor: I hooked it to my macbookpro with HDMI and it works perfectly.

conclusion 1: HDMI cable and monitor are fine.

So after this I figured its either drivers or ASUS motherboard issues. I again tested HDMI on the ASUS, problem re-appeared.

After this I rolled back display driver to generic windows driver, problem is gone.

conclusion 2: ASUS motherboard port is ok

Final Conclusion: Something is wrong with the Radeon Display drivers. OR its my install of them, or maybe I need to tweak something? Or possibly its the chip itself?

Please help!

I need to be able to fix this while I still have return as an option.

If I can't fix this, I will just have to return everything I bought

thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
stree
Adept II

You ned RADEON drivers from AMD site must be installed AFTER chipset

Sorry reread....... tricky one..........

Is ram on XMP settings? if so drop to default 2133 or whatever it is, then try

0 Likes

Thanks! I'm going to try ram single stick / lower speed suggestion today.

0 Likes