cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

agentofchange
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 1500x Build Shutting Off Randomly

Hello, all. I am at my wit's end trying to get my system to work. I did my first build from scratch in September, and I've had issues with it from day 1. I've resolved display issues and boot issues, but I still can't figure out the last one. My computer will randomly shut off anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours after start up, usually ~1hr. Usually, it's not under heavy load when it restarts. All current components have been bought new since the beginning of September. My build is:

Ryzen 5 1500x

Gigabyte Aorus RX 580 xtr

Asus x370 prime pro

G.Skill FlareX 16GB (2x8) 3200 running at 2400

WD Black 512GB M.2

EVGA Supernova G2 750W

HAF X full tower

The issue has persisted throughout all my troubleshooting.

My first MOBO was a Gigabyte gaming K3. I had 16GB of G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666 originally, and have tried each of the four sticks individually. I RMA'd my first 1500x and AMD sent a new one. I RMA'd my RX 580 to Gigabyte and they said it showed no issues and sent it back, and I've put a 1050Ti in to see if that would work, and the issue remains. The first case I had it in was an old Thermaltake. I tried an OLD (10 years) 500W power supply with it and had the same issue. I finally took it in to a shop and they couldn't figure it out either.

I've run furmark plenty of times to see if I could induce it with heavy load to no avail. Here are the results:

RX 580 running 1440p GPU stress test

D_AMD.png

1050Ti running 1080p GPU stress test

D_Nvidia.png

The last time it shut off with the 1050Ti in, it went to the "x # of programs still need to close" and I was able to click cancel to keep it from shutting down, but programs had been closed. This seems similar to me to this thread: Ryzen 1700x New build shuts down randomly  but the new EVGA PSU makes me think it's unlikely to be the problem? Is there anything anyone can think of to help me diagnose this?

Thank you very much for any help you can give.

0 Likes
5 Replies
deadsouls1988
Journeyman III

so now, your rig still shutting down randomly...?? because mine, i didn't notice any issue about that. and also, my PSU was Armageddon 750 watts. i change my original amd cpu fan to cooler master liquid lite 120... 

0 Likes
deadsouls1988
Journeyman III

my rig was this

Gigabyte A320

Kingston 8Gb DDR4-2400x2

Amd Ryzen 1500x

Armageddon 750 watts PSU

1TB Seagate

0 Likes

Assuming this is not external..i.e. house power problems...

This is typical of a bad PSU or bad RAM/RAM settings

Since you have tried a second PSU already I'd look at RAM

Does this happen if you set RAM to BIOS defaults? For 2400 what dram voltage are you using?

0 Likes

It was automatically set to 1.2v, and I just set it manually to 1.35v in BIOS. G.Skill lists it as 1.2-1.35v.

0 Likes

OK, that would have been my suggestion...

SOC voltage can help too...maybe try 1.05 or 1.1 or 1.125v

Try and get it stable at 2400 and then maybe try for higher frequencies later...

0 Likes