cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bwanajh
Adept I

Are any workstation GPUs capable of taking a 32k resolution texture?

Are any workstation GPUs capable of taking a 32k resolution texture? I know most in the past have had a limit of 16384 pixels. I am hoping to learn which workstation GPUs can handle larger textures, or if there is a roadmap when such GPUs are expected in the future. Can the wx7100 or wx9100? Thanks, Are any workstation GPUs capable of taking a 32k resolution texture? I know most in the past have had a limit of 16384 pixels. I am hoping to learn which workstation GPUs can handle larger textures, or if there is a roadmap when such GPUs are expected in the future. Thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies

fsadough​ can answer it definitively, but all Firepro series starting with the 7000 series supports 32K textures according to http://in.amdfireprohub.com/solutions/foundry/

0 Likes

Yeah that's not the case! I use a w7100 and its 16 k.

It says "Up to" 32k, maybe it's a feature only on the w9 series....

It something not well documented that should be part of specs of each GPU. Somewhat frustrating that it isn't.......

For green team P-series Quadros and 1000 series Geforces can do 32K, for AMD I cannot find this information!!!!

0 Likes

That must be a typo. Can you send the link showing the green team supporting 32K?

NVIDIA Quadro P4000

3D GRAPHICS ARCHITECTURE

• Scalable geometry architecture
  • Hardware tessellation engine
  • NVIDIA GigaThread engine with dual copy engines
  • Shader Model 5.1 (OpenGL 4.5 and DirectX 12)
  • Up to 16 K x 16 K texture and render processing
  • Transparent multisampling and super sampling
  • 16x angle independent anisotropic filtering
0 Likes

Only P6000 can do 32K

0 Likes

Sounds right, I was feeding you second hand information about the green team thing I just copied and pasted that statement from this thread:

Derivative • View topic - RESOLVED: Super Wide resolution issue

I'm just trying to figure out which GPU to look at next. I've really liked the w7100 thus far. I've ran into texture limits and I'm doing research about what is out there that can support more!

0 Likes