Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hawxyde
Adept I

Black screen when trying to install driver R9 280x

Hello everyone !
I seem to have a reccurent problem in the community..
I had a problem with black screen, therefore I removed all drivers safely via DDU and windows uninstaller.

The thing now is everytime I try to install the driver, the screen turns to black and I can not do anything (sometime, I hear the fan of something (probably the GPU)) turn to 100% when the screen goes black ?)

I did all W10 updates.
My configuration :

GPU : R9280x 3Gb

CPU : i5 3570K

8GB of ram.

Any suggestion ? This is a bit sudden and painful.. Thank you !

0 Likes
1 Solution
hawxyde
Adept I

Hello guys some news. I tried with a friend PSU and then bought a new one, the problem seems to come from here, no problem so far !

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
pixelfreaq
Journeyman III

I´m having the same problem

CPU: AMD FX 8350

GPU: 8GB Sapphire Radeon R9 390 Nitro

Board: MSI 990 FXA-GD65

RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Series rot DDR3-1866

Monitor: ASUS VW 266  Connected via DVI

No overclocking.

I have tried fresh installs of Windows 10 1703 and 1709 with 17.7.1 , 17.10.3 , 18.2.1 , 18.2.3

I always get the black screen without cursor in the middle of the amd driver installation.

My Display works fine with the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver.

0 Likes

I suspect it is a PSU problem. I check the card alone with a friend's computer and no problem...

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

have you checked your display cables & psu. Silly answer but 1 that is over looked a worn old cable can cause the issue i had it happen to me. The most over looked simple thing can be the most common cause. Was it running fine preious with previous drivers as i suspect maybe hard ware or simple fix.

0 Likes

I will check the with the PSU of a friend and keep in touch, thanks

0 Likes
hawxyde
Adept I

Hello guys some news. I tried with a friend PSU and then bought a new one, the problem seems to come from here, no problem so far !

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

Cool good news happy to help.

0 Likes