cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

uraganu1
Adept I

Are there any drivers for Ryzen 5 2400G (graphics and processor) for Windows 7 (my decision to buy this processor will depend of the existance of these drivers) ...

I hate Windows 10. Windows 7 will be my last windows OS (if no change in policy). I want to by this processor, but if there are no drivers, I'll skip it and go with the competition ...

Thanks!

0 Likes
18 Replies

Win10 only.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

It sucks then. I'll reorient for something else... Thanks!

I did the same thing. If they eventually release Win7 drivers I might try them out until then I'm ok with the competition.

And what would the 'competition' to the Ryzan 5 be? Have fun.

0 Likes

You have about two years left before Microsoft stops support for Windows 7 (2020).

Microsoft ended mainstream support for Windows 7 on January 13, 2015, but extended support won't end until January 14, 2020.

Might as well start getting used to Windows 10.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

Nothing wrong with 10 i use it on all builds if i do upgrades on people or clients i use 10.. 7 is crap its technically unsupported & a joke to use when 10 is the best of all. the trick with 10 is learning how to use it properly. Common misconceptions with 10 makes alot of people hate it its prety good just trick is to make it run & behave properly load on to a fresh ssd, dont enable any of the tracking & crapware & install to software you use. I use it without issues heaps of tricks online to get it to run like 7 & better i will be doing a misconception guide to get people to wake up to how decent 10 actually is. 7 is outdated go with the times of supported OS 10 is where its at trick is run 10 only on SSD. The competition is crap atm go with AMD as intel forces you to use 10 as well so no way around it & the newest Ryzens are the go from a couple mates who have purchased these new cpu's these things rock on 10 insanely great for valvue preformance & bang for buck value. If you want issues go with new gen Intel just enjoy the Spectere & meltdown issues built in where AMD new Ryzen is immune.

0 Likes

I don't want to go into a debate with what's best. I really hate Windows 10. Mostly I work on linux and use windows 7 for games (5-10% of the time). If the graphics drivers are not there then I'll skip the processor. I use windows 7 only for games (and I don't want to hear the windows 10 directx12 points of view - my games run excelent on windows 7, I don't need others). I don't care about spectre or meltdown as the windows 7 is only used for single player and on linux I used VMs. So until the processor will run on Win7 or the games will run on linux I'll skip it. I feel sorry for this, I really wanted the processor. Thanks.

If your games etc run well in windows 7, why are you wanting a new processor like a Ryzen? Just stick with what you have and play all your old windows 7 games. If however at some point you'll be wanting to play new games, then you'll want windows 10 eventually.

0 Likes

Old processor... I would benefit from a quicker processor (games are the second on the list...) (shorter compilation times, vms run better) ...

It will likely be at least 5 and more likely 10 years before any "Windows 10 specific" games ever get released.

I also suspect Micro$loth will probably get more-or-less forced into extending Windows 7 support AGAIN, much like they got forced into extending XP support a couple of times as too many CORPORATIONS didn't want anything to do with Vista and Windows 7 was still problematic - 10 in the CORPORATE environment is at that same point, too many issues many corporations aren't willing to deal with in Windows 10.

Failure to support LINUX is just unacceptable - but AMD has been failing to support APU usage in LINUX for well over 2 YEARS now, nothing new there.

If it wasn't for cryptocoin mining, AMD would have likely dropped HALF of their market share in 2017 on GPUs in general because of the state of their drivers and the very poor support and the relatively LOW performance and reliability in most usage.

They're also losing sales - I personally have bought Intel on my last 2 system builds, and Nvidia for ALL of the builds I did last year (exception for one Vega card when they had that brief sale in November), because of the JUNK that AMD calls drivers for LINUX that have NO support for undervolting in either a direct way OR via lowering power limits (Nvidia at least lets you do the latter), and the very painful interface for clock and fan support.

No, Windows 10 and it's excessive LACK OF STABILITY and BUGGYNESS are not an option - I need machines that stay up for months or years, not "lucky if they stay up ONE month at a time if you don't look at them the wrong way".

I won't even tolerate 10 on my GAMING machine any more - 3 months of nothing but NIGHTMARE, constant crashes, constant issues, NEVER AGAIN.

plumboby
Miniboss

nothing the new Ryzen cleans the field from high end to low end builds for price & preformance & tuned to run on Win 10 for a reason I am getting away from crap tell & going AMD. Running a sapphire card & loving it. All crapvidia in my house are being binned funnily enough the videocard shortage they still worth good $ 2nd hand.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

never had crashs while gaming or issues with 10 whatso ever its 7 that gives those problems. over the last 6 months its been so stable its getting better the more they update it. Corporate environments are actually picking it up now & btw Microsoft is officially dropping 7 support in favor for 10 as buy the time they add what they need it will super seed it. !0 is bringing in cross platform support of Linux where 7 never had such things. Get stuck in your ways of 7 its out dated old problematic why AMD with the new APUs are running 10. Microsoft is closly working with AMD with the new APU line up for the optimisations of the new architecture where 7 will never handle what its intended purpose. Drivers to suit new optimisations are way behind for arictectures being released give it 6 months or so for things balance out. 7 will never work well with the new Ryzen builds so unfortuatly you wanna run the new APU run 10 or go to the opposition & btw Intel are scrapping 7 support for there new cpus as well as its not upto it for the Arcitecture changes. Stop sulking about 10 I use it on all my desktops & on any upgrades I do for people even stuck in there ways with 7. They hate it at first but once they get use to it with updates coming through as they meant to there machines come right & gain a lot of preformance in a short time. I been with 10 using it for so long, I have no issues a lot comes to learning to know what goes wrong look for work arounds. Its the best OS for all forms of gaming I dont have high end machines but with 10 given them a new lease of life with an OS that will run prety much anything any game within reason. I got a couple builds on 10 with older sandy bridge i3s under ram requirements even outdated cards playing new released games only because of 10 nothing else. Done many tests & a lot of testing so stop your ranting how bad it isnt. As had worse experiences with 7 it why I use 10 & got a lot of tech support from Microsoft even given them a lot of tips & info of what I can do with it that they didnt expect. I klnow what I am doing with 10 as been using it when it was in beta ex 8.1pro user & it was great for gaming to. Word of advise dont want issues want a good gaming OS build Pro is the way to go user friendly cheap. I got acess to key support as well anything is possible & great for any build. Sorry be arogent on this forum but what you have said isnt true & got many more that can back me up.  As well a lot of corporate & business's are going 10 in the next few months because of microsfts new implementations for all platform acess that they been working on properly for years. They want this as what android & other OS have the ability to be open source so any app program can be run read the fine print & read threw the 10 & support forums its publisied widely. 7 & older OS to microsoft is dead to them now they focusing there reasources for 10 & the new server build of 10.

0 Likes

Fake comment...Very fake comment.

plumboby
Miniboss

not a fake comment at all I say it how it is I use 10 how it is comes down to knowing & learning your OS with learning the work arounds to suit. A lot comes to pick what works learn the good & bad & pick & choose 7 is out dated garbage why microsoft is phasing it out like xp they did. Go with new can disable all the tracking crap when install a fresh version alli did no issues. Comes to knowing 10 inside out. 1 of the best OS around people need stop being so biased towards it & open your eyes & actually use it properly. I Use 10 pro onn all my gaming builds as well as any other upgrade reinstall no issues. If I had issues I would be using it or recommending it. Comes down to experience & knowing your OS inside out. Been using since its inception since the original beta release & supporting it right threw yeah there bugs but they arnt breaking bugs like 7 is experiencing now. Take you tin foil hats off & realise its not the 2000s its 2018 technology is changing so is software & OS around the world AMD is going with a mainstream OS which works with there new Apu's some may like it some may not dont critize whats not broken. AMD has gone this way for a huge reason new Arcitecture needs a OS where gives freedom to open it up properly where 7 will never do that. 10 will & more just that Microsoft is still working with new drivers new architecture & new drivers & software with AMD to get the combos working. All OS & software is 6 months behind architecture atm its why before upgrading I wait 6 months for a few decent rolls outs so they sort the main gremlins. Its not Microsofts or AMD faults new Arcitecture new bugs new issues craptel has the same issue & they only using 10 primarly as well its the age of 2018 cant be stuck in you 2000's backwaters your stuck in & expect an outdated OS to run a brand new Arcitecture wont happen not intended. Its all the PC manufactorers intension to move forward with OS & PCs if its not for every1 O well but dont complain when Microsoft cuts 7 support which be a good thing when they do far to outdated. 10 is where its at & its from a long term user & gamer, builder PC part time tech, go with the tech & new OS dont go backwards its where the problems will occur. Common sense really read up read up learn what works what doesn't dont go off biased reviews I dont I go between many forums many site with what I know & learn & what info I pass on to help as not all my builds are mainstream, buy any means I build on a tight budget with older parts I compensate with a good OS with 10 elieviates any issues.

0 Likes
tatapisto
Adept I

Yep,

I was also interested in installing windows 7 with new Ryzen CPU. Windows 7 is my last Microsoft OS and forever, I only want to keep it for a couple of games and old programs. Windows 10 has nothing to offer to me, as gaming is faster on windows 7, and movie editing is also faster (about 10/35%). It's a bit sad to block an os that is faster than windows 10.

I never ever did any update outside of service pack, and I know support of windows 7 will be extended.(2020 is actually longer support than 1709 which end in 2019).
I like to have an interface that does not change all the time, and as I also care for my privacy and also because LTSB is not sold outside of banking companies, there will never be any windows 10 on my PC.

I wanted with all my will to support AMD, and I will keep supporting the red as they give us a chance for keeping a stable and more privacy respectfull OS, and on which user still have control over it.

Just a bit sad for the one who bought 2200g and 2400g hoping it will run on windows 7.

plumboby
Miniboss

a lot of the CPU architecture of the Ryzens have only been tested for all of the features AMD is adding with the software for the enhanced features. 10 is technically an app on app they be adding Linux support, with a few other features which is ditching half the issues they have had with this update atm. Next release 10 update is more hinted towards Both Intel & AMD support in the next while what is Microsoft is upto since all of the compremised motherboards Issues cause of Meltdown & specter is hit Microsoft hard  I know a few running the beta of the update & said its runs nicer, on exact APU with the new Beta for the Ryzen 5 2400G as well & said its allowed them to open up Integrated with the beta 10 with Linux support has helped a lot. I know a couple who got 1 running on 7 is possible need to mod the 7 files to suit to trick the APU all need Lan support for it to load up correctly.  Tho there be a few more in the community modding support for 7 to work unofficial but work as it should. Tho AMD may give 7 support later in the year never know.Every to there own on how you support what OS you run. If AMD are focusing on the Integrated as these have been pushed as, its a stopgap option for the Grapics card market because of miners & lack of ram going to all card makers are struggling as ram companies are tapped out. Give it a few months when a cheaky miner of bunch of there m8s find a way to mine from these APUs. If you are intent on trying to run 7 scour the modding community dont brag on AMD or community. I been threw a few diffrent forums over the years & got a few m8s trying diffrent things so I got to know a few clever people. Dont hate on a company either without reading in depth of the community running these some are ex intel/7 users always read up before you buy anything PC wise. Dont hate for a reason why they going this way. Enjoy replacing a motherboard a year as they release new CPU lines with Intel.

0 Likes

Ok I did not understand everything you said, but I think you were correct. Apparently Windows 7 support is back with Ryzen Gen 2 without integrated graphic. I remove what I said above which was an excessive reaction to what I felt an injustice toward the customer. Especially as your Ryzen CPU doing magic on windows 7 despite different thread management.

So for the other willing to know, for now only Ryzen 2200G and 2400G (with integrated graphic) won't work with windows 7.
Gen 2 including: 2600,2600x,2700,2700x will work with Windows 7.

Thanks a lot AMD for that.

0 Likes

I bought 2400G and had to make it run under Windows 7 at least somehow:

1) I used A6-9500 CPU to do clean installation of Windows 7 (pre-patched by MSI Smart Tools)

2) Once all steps are completed and I'm logged in, I switched CPU back to 2400G

3) Windows is fully working, but Video is not: Standard VGA driver only, no dual-monitor support. As soon as I try to install Vega 12 Video drivers, I get BSOD (https://community.amd.com/message/2914014?commentID=2914014#comment-2914014)

4) I had to buy-add Video card to my PC to keep Windows 7 running with several monitors and 3D-acceleration

p.s. I used MSI x370 gaming pro

0 Likes