cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

fossiljg
Adept I

After installing 18.2.3 my mouse and keyboard are not working .

Today I installed 18.2.3 onto my system and the mouse and keyboard no longer worked. I figured I would restart the computer and everything would be fixed but the problem still stands. The lights on my mouse and keyboard are both on, but pressing the keys does nothing and there is no mouse cursor. My keyboard is a razer black widow 2016 edition and my mouse is a razer lancehead. One thing I found is that pressing Fn+F10 will activate "gaming mode" on the keyboard and that is the only way the keys will respond but only a select few like tab and the arrow keys. I cannot navigate around my pc other than using tab and the arrow keys and enter. Please help me fix this issue, thanks.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Hardwood
Paragon

I see Razer had an update on Feb 23. Could this be your problem? i.e. this update finalized when you restarted after the AMD update.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes

That could be the problem. I have no clue how to fix it though.

0 Likes

I don't have Razer myself but I suspect just uninstall and reinstall the previous version. Turn off automatic updates. Report the issue in the Razer forum.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes
djreaper327
Journeyman III

I'm not using any Razer stuff but midway through updating to 18.2.3 my mouse and keyboard became unresponsive and I thought to my self that it would fix itself by the end. By the time the installer got to the part that asked if I wanted to install the relive thing I couldn't do anything because both my mouse and keyboard was unresponsive.

I also thought that restarting my computer would fix the problem but I just found out I wasn't able to log in. I'm currently on my phone searching for a solution. My mouse and keyboard works in my bios menu and start up repair but when ever windows start they flash on and then off. I'm using a cyberpower keyboard and Logitech g602 mouse

Okay so I found an old PS/2 mouse in the house and that seems to work. I clean uninstalled the AMD crimson but that didn't fix it. I then  checked my device manager and all my USB devices are under other devices with a yellow caution sign with a exclamation point on them. When I clicked one the properties said "the drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28). There are no compatible drivers for this device to find driver for this device click update driver."

0 Likes

Just wanted to post an update. So I finally fixed the problem. My drivers were corrupted somehow during the installation process and the only way to fix it was a system restore to a previous date.

For me though my system restore wasn't working because of a known problem that Microsoft doesn't have a fix for, and when my computer starting facing BSoD related to conflicting drivers and display drivers, I couldn't do anything for long before my computer was forced to restart. I ended up having to reinstall Windows 10 and now everything seems to be functional.

Not sure if I'm going to reinstall the update...  You can try a system restore point before the date of the problem and that should fix any driver conflict that might be the cause.

0 Likes

Use the latest DDU.

0 Likes
locodicegr
Miniboss

Razer Synapse had an update today for me.

Unistall Razer Synapse and download it again.

0 Likes