Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sliddqvist
Journeyman III

Black screen on R9 270 during driver installation

Hi all,

i changed my operating system for Win 10 and during driver installation for my Gigabyte R9 270 i have black screen.

I tried to do that on another motherboard but had the same problem. Without them everythink looks fine.  Maybe someone else had simular issue? :/

plz help.

My hardware:

Asus H81M-D Plus

Intel Core I3 4170

PSU Modecom Feel 500

Memory 4 GB Hyperx ddr3

0 Likes
6 Replies
kiwinadians
Adept II

You are unfortunately in good company. Come check out our thread here: Black Screen When Installing 17.12.2 Drivers HD 7870 Win 7

No answers as of yet...

0 Likes

hmm i can help have had simular issues a few questions first. Was the card running previously before you upgraded the drivers. What kind of monitor is it connected to full specs of your build please. Are you using any 3rd party crapware from gigabyte or asus the more info the better to try help. Been here had simular issues so i know what i looking for & learnt. I will be blunt & honest tho i am going of what i have learnt & use.

0 Likes

All of us on the thread have similar issues, but differing hardware. Most

of the cards in question are Southern Isles cards, such as the R9 270, mine

is a HD 7870.

The gist of it is that most of us had a black screen crash occur under a

moderate to low load. On restarting, rather than boot into the login screen

there is a black screen. The card will work if running the basic display

driver, but fails if trying to run the AMD driver. If you run a dual gpu,

you will see a BSOD instead of the login screen, a Thread_stuck_in_driver

error.

plumboby
Miniboss

make sure you display plugs are in good condition i found a issue with the black screen with HDMI & dvi cables over time getting worn giving the same issue had this with mine till i found was aging cables. Check your display cables a handy but a thing never done often enough, another is check your PSU is still in good condition & pumping the amps & wattage as i upgrade PSU in a 2year cycle as PSU dont last like they use to & age loss effiecintcy & deteriate. I work on alot of desktops & sometimes the simple things over looked is an issue. I had issues with my Saphire Pulse RX560OC 4G till i found my issues being hardware related. These drivers are very sensitive. I Tested a R7360OC in my stepsons last night to see if i had a driver crash but loaded up tho h\s was showing signs of black screen tho the HDMI cable is stuffed. Cables dont last long. I honestly think be a simple fix. Mine was as i could load up on basic display driver till i replaced my cable.

0 Likes

Cables sound like an odd fix. My Dvi cable is fine, and I have thoroughly

stress tested the PSU. I can run an older HD 5750 with no problems, so I

doubt the cable is the issue. Go check the thread I noted above, and you

will see all of the solutions we have discussed and tried.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

been here done that its a fix i found with mine that's over looked. Its the simple things which can be a cause with these cards. I have experienced it with mine its why i am suggesting it. The drivers have been abused but half the time its not the drivers. Make sure your windows updates are upto date it makes a diffrence to. Common sense easy things overlooked is a main cause for these problems. Mines come right since i fixed my hardware problems & i was blaming the drivers which it wasn't there fault. Essential tips is check cables & everything running your build.

0 Likes