cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

How overheated is the GPU market in 2018?

You will have to read it yourself...AMD/Jive software says there is a offensive word. Is that word Nvidia?

How overheated is the GPU market in 2018? - ExtremeTech

0 Likes
6 Replies

nVidia is due to release their new cards next month, going to be interesting to see what they charge considering they will not have any competition from AMD until...next year if the report of AMD's next models simply being tuned Vega models are true.

0 Likes

I haven't seen any "lowest' prices as low as the AMD list above....but it sure shows the difference between the two brands preferenced by miners.

0 Likes

Newegg has had some one day limited quantity sales of GPUs lately, might be where they're getting their lowest prices, though after this monitor fiasco I'm never ordering anything expensive from them again...

0 Likes

At my local store the ASUS Strix Vega 64 is $1,029 and the 56 version is $919.  So sometimes the lowest price is still too high.

Also, the MSI GTX 1070 armor is $559.00.  But the only 1080 Ti offered is $919, slightly higher than they listed.  So I would take these numbers with a grain of salt.

0 Likes

The "good" news is that nVidia is going to start using two architectures, one for professionals and one for gamers, and will not release a gamer card replacement until August while professional replacements will come in April. Not like they have anything to worry about, cryptominers will grab up all the cards anyway, meanwhile everyone else just has to pray their graphics card doesn't die.

Nvidia Unlikely To Unveil 2018 Graphics Cards At GDC, GTC

mistered
Adept III

You can see the price trends graphically here: Price Trends - Video Cards