cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

rafa21
Journeyman III

1700x idle with 75° temps?!

Helo I currently own a 1700x with a crosshair VI extreme motherboard and a corsair h100i v2 but at stock speeds (3.4 GHz) the cpu is overheating to 75° degrees I cant find out why, I updated de bios I resetore de bios settings, find out if my liquid cooler was working, everything and I can't find out why the temperatures still so high, even in stock speeds the processor is being forced to push down the speed to 2.2 GHz, I don´t know what to do.

Captura.JPG

0 Likes
5 Replies

You're using the wrong version of Ryzen Master, that's the one for Threadripper, you want the other one. See if it changes the temp readings.

http://www.amd.com/ryzenmasterdownload

My cooler is a bit more powerful than yours, but at idle you should be seeing temps of under 40°C

I uninstall de Threadripper aplicación and install the new one but it still at the same temperature, and some cores are running at 2.2 GHz do you think I should make use of the guaranty?

Captura1.JPG

0 Likes

Power plan set to High Performance? Cooler installed properly?

0 Likes

Yes I put it in High performance and reinstall de cooler and put new thermal paste and nothing still same temps. I had an intel core i7 6800k and changed the mother board and the cpu but I didn´t reinstall windows from scratch, it recognized the system and reinstalled all the necessary drivers. But do you think that may be causing the problem?

Captura.JPG

0 Likes

I bought the A12 9800 processor with a lot of effort for the work of autocad, which did not help me at all for the pipe of 1 to half an hour of work the processor exceeds the 80th and the computer turns off and does not turn on ..

0 Likes