cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

fadsarmy
Journeyman III

2400G Triple Monitor

Hi, my Gigabyte AB350M GAMING 3 has three display outputs and it's specifications say support for three monitors. Does anyone know if Raven Ridge 2400G will support three displays?

0 Likes
6 Replies
jallad
Journeyman III

I have the same problem.  I want to run a dual monitor setup, which is ubiquitous among workstations.  So far as I understand it, with the 2400G installed, 2 of the 3 ports are effectively dead (DVI-D and VGA).  I have summarised my issue and my understanding in these two posts on Anandtech's forums:

Is there any chance of this ever getting resolved?  Maybe through a BIOS update?  A dual monitor setup is a rather basic need.

0 Likes

The 2400G only supports HDMI and DP outputs so basically you can only use the HDMI output on your motherboard with this cpu. If I knew this I would have got a board with HDMI/DP.

0 Likes

Indeed!

0 Likes

Dual graphics means combining the APU with a discrete graphics card for performance enhancement .

0 Likes

There is no need for dual graphics to drive a dual display system. I do this all the time on my 4 year old ThinkPad with Intel HD graphics, and I have done this with all my past workstations. That is why not being able to do this is so surprising.

And adding a discrete graphics card for the second display is a suboptimal solution, as it has it's own set of problems; e.g. it would be incapable of doing an extended display (the most typical use case for me).  Also dual graphics refers to crossfire, not just running the APU and a discrete graphics card separately.

0 Likes

A dual graphics is not to run two displays, it is to increase frame rates and so on like sli. Anyway, with the 2400G, you can only use hdmi since you have no dp port. I just added a cheap GT 710 which itself can run 3 displays and the apu graphics was auto disabled. I'm not a gamer so I don't need powerful graphics but I do need to run three displays.

0 Likes