cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sdburris
Journeyman III

Viewsonic VX3211 is capable of 2560X1440. Cannot get Radeon R7 250 to give me that option.

Have updated the driver, have downloaded and installed the AMD settings manager... it just says that the 2560X1440 is not compatible w/ the display.

ViewSonic driver installed, not the PnP from Microsoft... still no good.

Ideas?

0 Likes
8 Replies

DisplayPort or HDMI?

0 Likes

HDMI

If I click on screen resolution, advanced settings, the adapter tab, the list all modes button, the drop down menu stops at 1920X1080?

I have looked up the specs on the R7 250 and CNET says HDMI: 4096 x 2160 / VGA: 2048 x 1536

0 Likes

Have you tried another cable?

0 Likes

Yes. No luck with that.

0 Likes

What if you do use the generic driver? Also, is the refresh rate set to 60hz?

0 Likes

I started out with the PnP driver and it would not give me the resolution, so replaced that with the Radeon driver, which wouldn’t work... I am now suspecting the cable, so have ordered a new one just to make sure it is 1.2a (I think the others were, but think didn’t work... I want to know for sure) so have ordered a new cable (not avail locally)

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

Your cards probly  not capible to run such high resolution is suspect. Its technically a low end card so drop your resolution back the only way it will work properly. Never ever go of CNET actually look around for reviews & specs. The R7 250 is spec wise same as the RX550 you achievimg a big feat out of a gutless card. If you want decent resolution u need a grunty card or stick with 1920 i would hate to say.

0 Likes

Thank you. I have ordered a new Displayport 1.2a to HDMI to make sure the cable is not the choke point. If that doesn’t work, it’s the card.

0 Likes