Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cooperne
Adept I

VSR Not Supported on 4k TV

Hello Everyone.

Okay so today i need a little advice if anyone has a similar issue.

Today i reinstalled Windows 10 Pro 64-bit on to my computer, and now I'm having issues with the Radeon Settings.

I have a 4k TV (LG55UJ701V-ZC) upgraded from a Samsung FULL HD 1080p. My graphics card is an older XFX R9 290 4GB DD Black Edition, but still states it supports VSR on AMDs site.

Reinstalled Radeon Settings, and now i have the VSR not supported issue i can see has plagued a lot after a google search. I see that my timings should be 1080p @ 60Hz to use VSR but that does not change the issue as still says not supported. I would like to set the TV to 1080p so that i can use VSR on my older games.

GPU scaling enabled only shows two resolutions in Windows 720p or 1080p and neither enable VSR as still says not supported. Disabling GPU Scaling allows me to see all resolutions of my monitor but none of the VSR Resolutions and none can be scaled to fit my screen.

I would run at 4k with newer games at a lower resolution, however Windows Display Adapter only sees 4k @ 30hz, even though i have my LG - General - HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour - On : Support 4K @ 50/60 Hz (4:4:4, 4:2:2, 4:2:0) Enabled. Disabling this does not show the 60hz option either. (With GPU Scaling Disabled I can set my TV to its native 4k but not at 60hz only shows as 30hz but I have annoying issue with overscan the image is a little too big for the screen but I have no option for HDMI Scaling as GPU Scaling is turned off)

GPU Scaling Disabled...

GPU Scaling Disabled.png

GPU Scaling Enabled...

GPU Scaling Enabled.png

Finding it a little confusing now as i used to just turn on VSR and then go in game and select the VSR Resolution.

Any solutions?

Thanks for looking

Neil R. Cooper

1 Reply
dbzen
Journeyman III

cooperne‌ I also have a 4k monitor but running @60hz on DisplayPort with VSR enabled 

• Standard HDMI Cable: Supports up to 1080i or 720p video
  • Standard HDMI Cable with Ethernet: Same baseline performance as the Standard HDMI Cable, plus an additional dedicated data channel for device networking
  • High Speed HDMI Cable: Supports up to 4K at 60Hz, 3D, and Deep Color display technologies
  • High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet: Same baseline performance as the High Speed HDMI Cable, plus an additional dedicated data channel for device networking
  • Premium High Speed HDMI Cable: Special designation for High Speed HDMI Cables that have passed additional testing and certification for ultra-reliable performance for the most advanced capabilities, including high frame rates, HDR, expanded color space, and more
  • Premium High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet: Same baseline performance as the Premium High Speed HDMI Cable, plus an additional data channel for device networking