cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pikas
Journeyman III

HD7670m drivers

Hello, i got Acer aspire 7750g pc, cpu i3-2350m, intel hd graphics 3000, amd radeon hd 7670m gpu,this pc have switchable graphics method. i upgrade this pc from 6gb to 8gb ram, and with samsung ssd. OS windows 7 SP1 64bit, all updates instaled...
i try update from amd site (automatic update) and i got amd-catalyst-15.7.1  (driver ver - 15.201)  it updated and i got problems, pc starts and shutdown about 2mins (on start windows on "welcome" screen it stuck for about 1-2mins) ... this is abnormal...
then i try download manualy radeon-crimson-16.2.1  (driver ver - 15.301)  update from amd site, and it still same problem ( just starting in black screen about 1-2mins) then just flash welcome screen and then you are in windows... and if i uninstal by instructions drivers (uninstal amd soft, delete amd folder from c disc, start in safe mode DDU soft and delete drivers, restart and then instal new drivers) then pc works fine without drivers, then if i instal latest drivers by acer site 8.901 vers drivers then pc works again perfect... restart about 30-25second. start or shutdown time about ~15 seconds...
What i see in crimson update - radeon additional settings don't have power option ( i cant change anything with switchable gpu... even power consumption plan for gpu performance)... looks like bug or missing some functions, because i see people in youtube make tutorials and they got that functions in same versions of amd control centers...
Where i can get norm not bugged or lagging or breking version of drivers and amd control center?
P.S. sorry for my english :/

0 Likes
4 Replies

Do you have the latest Intel graphics drivers? Did you install them first?

Laptop graphics update...How to

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

0 Likes

yes, before installing gpu drivers i update fully windows (i read before all, that tip "how to"), left only language packs... i don't need other language packs...update.jpg

0 Likes

How about the Intel drivers?

0 Likes

Ok, if i install VGA_AMD_8.901.4.0_Win7x64 drivers, then intel in dev. manager show Intel(R) HD Graphics Family and all works fast and nice, in pc speed it perfect, if i just manual update intel drivers they update, then i see in device manager on intel - intel hd graphics 3000 (or something that ~), but then i got exclamation mark on AMD radeon HD 7670m (something wrong with card or it drivers i think), ok then i delete all amd drivers and etc. folders, in safe mode run DDU soft, delete drivers... then i install non-whql-64bit-nieg-radeon-crimson-16.2.1-win10-win8.1-win7-feb27  then in device manager i see intel hd graphics 3000 and amd readeon hd 7600m series... but again, when i start pc i waitting about 1min in black screen for windows open... just i see windows and animated windows flag screen and then black screen (when should be "welcome" word and windows start then... with crimson soft pc shutting down fast... but starts slow with black screen... with amd catalyst-15.7.1 soft pc slow shutting down and slow starting up, i explain that before... :/

0 Likes