cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

zcmarineyt
Journeyman III

Athlon X4 845 "Quad Core" issues

Just recently bought that CPU and have had nothing but problems with it. It keeps crashing the entire system and is now only showing 1 core!! I bought this thinking it was a "Quad Core Processor". I might have to switch to Intel for this. I've been an AMD Junkie all my life but I cant deal with these crap processors anymore.

5 Replies
benman2785
Big Boss

haha - dude calm down

1. check CPU (is it correct)?
2. check HW compatibility - correct socket?
3. correct Bios?
4. set all to stock
5. temps?

actually there is little benefit from going to intel if the problem is you and not the CPU

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please can you give us the complete specs of the rig, that we could help you to solve the issue you are facing.
Because without knowing which motherboard, ram, gpu, psu you own, it's difficult to troubleshoot your issue.
The only info we have now is the cpu model and the socket it use, aka FM2+. Also be sure that your system is updated, as drivers and bios.
Thanks.

0 Likes
zealotki11er
Miniboss

Athlon X4 845 is a Quad Core. Where did you buy the CPU? Also what motherboard are you using. Based on your language its really hard to take you seriously. 

0 Likes
zcmarineyt
Journeyman III

Hey everyone sorry my son was having a lot of trouble with his computer but we got it solved. We bought the entire pc from a sketchy guy on EBay and we ended up getting scammed. We had some people check out the cpu only to find out it was some old amd duel core processor. Sorry for all the trouble, thank you all for replying.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Sorry to heard that.
I hope you sorted out with the seller and Ebay.
Best wish.

0 Likes