cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

kessler44
Journeyman III

Problem with boot kit request?

Have problem with boot kit request. Get message from postmaster@amd.com "Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:  tech.atlcq1support@atlcrqasdc00.amd.com A problem occurred and this message couldn't be delivered. Check to be sure the e-mail address is correct. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk." But also get response from NoReply@amd.com with service request ticketno number. It's valid?

11 Replies
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

Since you got the SR number, it is valid. Ignore the first email.

Thanks, I had the same thing happen and was starting to wonder if I had screwed something up again.

0 Likes

I had the exact same problem. Anyone know what actually happens from here then after the "undeliverable email"?

0 Likes

I received another email asking for proof of purchase and other things just before my last was approved.

0 Likes

Thanks. I am in this same situation. But I have another question; once I recieved the SR number, should I do anything with the SR number or I just have to wait further mails from AMD?

0 Likes

I have the same question. I've been waiting for a followup email the last two days after the first two automated emails were sent, but nothing's appeared. How long did it take the rest of you to get a reply? Could it be different because I'm in Canada?

edit: got the followup email today.

0 Likes

Just for visibility here is what I received back from Customer Care.  Just to be clear I originally sent along a photo of the box and serial number, both of which should be enough to verify that I have in fact bought a 2200G.  The important part is in bold which I added to make it easier to find.

Response and Service Request History:
Thank you for your request to loan a boot kit from AMD.
The details you provided do not match a Ryzen Vega processor. And therefore, your claim is not eligible for a Boot Kit loan. 

AMD has published an article that describes the issue, and it can be found here: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/2Gen-Ryzen-AM4-System-Bootup.aspx

If you do have a Ryzen with Radeon Vega graphics processor with the symptoms described in the article, I recommend that you take the following steps:

1.                   If the motherboard was purchased through a computer parts retailer, check with the retailer to see if they can facilitate the BIOS update at their location. There may be a charge for this, or it may be offered at no cost.

2.                   If you have access to a processor supported on the current installed BIOS, use it to perform the BIOS update, then swap out the processors when the update process is complete.

3.                   The Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) of the motherboard will support affected end users with an RMA exchange for a compatible motherboard, upon request.  Affected end users are recommended to contact their local representative for the motherboard manufacturer to exchange their motherboard.

If your best option is to contact your motherboard manufacturer or their local authorized service provider, and they establish that your motherboard requires a BIOS update, and are not able to help you perform that update.

Please provide a summary or copy of your communication with the motherboard manufacturer to indicate why support from the Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) was not suitable.

AMD is in position to be able to provide a short-term loan of a Boot kit, such that you can Flash the BIOS yourself if the options described above do not enable you to successfully achieve a working system.

To qualify for this service, AMD will require a picture of your Ryzen with Radeon Vega graphics processor, that clearly shows the Model number and Serial number plus a copy of your purchase invoice.

Once we receive this information, we will be happy to review your claim to establish legibility for a Boot Kit loan.
In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

Markus

AMD Global Customer Care

0 Likes

I've taken a look at your warranty submission. However, according to the web link, what is required is :

pastedImage_0.png

If you can update the original ticket with the specific information specified here, I'll be happy to move this forward as soon as possible.

When I sent off my proof pictures I took pictures of the processor still in the mobo with the heat sink still on and multiple pictures of the box showing all of the details requested.

Am I going to have this request denied problem too?

0 Likes

Ray_m,

Thanks for taking a closer look at this. The follow-up request is under ticket number 8200793566

0 Likes
joehahn
Journeyman III

I was not aware until reading this thread that the process to obtain the boot-kit was so involved and time-consuming.

I also received the mail-delivery error after sending in my request, which is a cause for wonder whether the request is being reviewed.

I am highly uninterested in waiting for a reply simply so I may be asked to take photos of the box, send those, wait for an additional reply, and then wait for the shipment.

It would be more worthwhile to return the entire system.

Or possibly purchase an older model CPU at a retail outlet, use it for the bios update, and simply return it for a refund, but surely AMD would not approve of that.

chrome_2018-02-26_16-12-53.png

0 Likes