cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

drewhorizon
Journeyman III

Blank screen after update correctly RAdeon HD7470M

Hi, I update the driver for my Radeon HD 7470M (for ASUS notebook). It's the last for my graphic card. The driver is correct, downloaded here in the drivers page. After automatically reboot I can see the screen only with a torch. The only driver that works is the old dated 2011 in the ASUS support page. Why this driver dated 2015 and download directly from AMD doesn't work! I tried to uninstall it before reinstalling with Display Driver Unistaller but there is no difference, it doesn'work!!

0 Likes
10 Replies

0 Likes
drewhorizon
Journeyman III

ASUS X54HR with Intel core I3 2330M@2.20GHz (4 CPUs)

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ver. 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 build 7601

Bios ver. 04.06.03.

SMBios 2.6

RAM: 4096MB

DirectX 11

Res: 1366x768 (32bit) 60Hz

AMD Radeon HD 7470M 1GB ver. 8.930.0.0 --- WHQL: Yes

Realtek High Definition Audio ver. 6 00.0001.1886 --- WHQL: Yes

No errors during installation but after reboot, the screen has correct resolution (1366x768) but it is very dark, I can see the desktop only with a torch on the screen.

0 Likes

Which one of these drivers did you try to install ? I would try the 16.2.1 > Legacy  And clean install it > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Make sure Win7 is fully updated:

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

0 Likes
drewhorizon
Journeyman III

Hi, Win7 has got all the recent updates.

I tried in the past the Crimson Edition 16.2.1  beta but with the same result of the Catalyst suite.

I've already tried the things you wrote, I used DDU to uninstall all, but after reinstall there's the same issue. I also check errors on WinUpdate with the fixer but it was all ok.

Then to check for corrupted files in the system, I ran sfc/scannow from the prompt, but in the end there were no corrupted files. Windows is OK.

I think AMD is in error, that update is not good for all models of Radeon, my HD7470M too old I think.

0 Likes

Did you go to Intel and install the latest graphics driver before trying to install the AMD driver?

Drivers & Software

You can try one of these fixes >

adjust brightness

Asus laptop black screen

0 Likes
drewhorizon
Journeyman III

Hi Kingfish, I tried to download the latest Intel Graphics driver on intel site that is ver. 15.28.24.64.4229 date 5-6-2015 for Win7 64bit, but after extracting comes out this error: "the system does not have the minimum requirements for installing the software". What do you think about this? I scanned system with Driver Booster 5 but I have not received warning about drivers, it says they are up to date..

0 Likes
drewhorizon
Journeyman III

The driver assistant Intel says :Sorry no software update available.

report.png

0 Likes

You can try one of these fixes >

adjust brightness

Asus laptop black screen

0 Likes
drewhorizon
Journeyman III

I can't do that because after graphic upgrade I can see nothing, I can't operate on the screen, I can only search the reboot button with a torch and reboot in safe mode..

0 Likes

try booting in Safe Mode....then try the fix.

0 Likes