cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

herrmansen
Newcomer

2200G refuses to run 1080P@60hz on a 4K monitor

Having some trouble getting the Raven 2200G APU to run properly. Basically the issue is that the refresh rate seems stuck at 30hz (even though Windows is reporting 59hz in device manager), and attempting to force 60hz in Windows causes a resolution downscale back to 640x480. If I attempt to create a manual profile in the AMD settings app, I get an unsupported by monitor error.

This is over the onboard VEGA HDMI port on the motherboard to an AOC 4K monitor (We're trying to run 1080P, not 4K so bandwidth shouldn't be an issue)

Hardware is as follows

ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac (Running the 4.40 BIOS, the only one to support Raven)
AMD Raven Ridge 2200G (No OC or anything - BIOS is running default values)

G.skill 3200Mhz TridentZ RAM (Also stock clocks, no 3200Mhz XMP OC Yet)

Windows 10 (Fresh install onto a clean drive, all drivers and service packs installed)

AOC U2868

Note: This is a testbench that normally runs a 1500X with and older nVidia card at 1080P@60Hz no problem.

0 Likes
10 Replies

One for AMD Tech. staff maybe amdmatt

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
fsadough

Just run EDID Viewer to see what resolutions are reported back by the monitor.

0 Likes

I know exactly which resolutions the monitor offers - The APU seems to have issues with it however. Again the monitor runs just fine at 1080P@60hz with an old 650TI card on the Ryzen 1500X the rig normally runs.

Edit: Huh... guess I already had an account here. Thanks Lastpass for not mentioning this when I posted this initially.

0 Likes

The purpose of EDID Viewer is not to see what the monitor offers. For that, you can look at the specs of the monitor:
https://aoc-pim.s3.amazonaws.com/Public/AOC/Product%20Data%20and%20Pictures/68ID/U2868PQU/Manual/U28...

The EDID Viewer reports what resolutions are communicated back and forth with the graphics card, hence if that resolution is included in the detailed timing or not. It also enables others to emulate the EDID to find the root cause.

0 Likes

APU sold on, so the point is moot now.

At any rate the only variance here is the APU, so the thread can be considered a bug report on Raven Ridge drivers/BIOS.

0 Likes

I can assure you there is nothing wrong with the driver or BIOS. See below with HDMI connection:

RavenRidge_2200G_1920x1080@60Hz.jpg

0 Likes

And I can tell you the exact same thing, considering my Ryzen 1500X has no issues at all connecting to the same monitor using the aforementioned nVidia GPU. Say maybe don't offer up assurances you can't cash in on.

Again - Consider the thread over. It isn't my problem anymore, but the issue persists in the APU as a whole.

0 Likes

The fact that a monitor works with an old NVidia and not with a new AMD, is no argument. As I said, I would be happy to investigate once I have the EDID file. Anyhow as you said, we consider the thread over.

0 Likes

Actually that is exactly an argument - If the only variable is the APU, then the APU is clearly the issue here.

0 Likes

As you can see on my configuration, APU is not the issue. The issue must be either related to your cable/adapter or monitor.

0 Likes