Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

supervargen
Challenger

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Crossfire? AFR friendly works

Hello.

Will there be a crossfire profile for the game Kingdom Come: Deliverance??

I tried the crossfire settings in Radeon setting and found that AFR Friendly works great so far. The other settings are worse than CF off.
I get more than double FPS with AFR Friendly then i do with all the others and CF off.

A strange thing i noted was that with borderless window i get more fps than i do with a singel card in fullscreen.

I have R9 290 X2 and use ReLive 17.10.3 (All newer drivers breaks my win 10)

How does it work for you??

Btw.. good tips: Kingdom Come: Deliverance - PCGamingWiki PCGW - bugs, fixes, crashes, mods, guides and improvements ...

0 Likes
11 Replies
placebo
Adept I

Crossfire performance in this game is horrific, every crossfire mode besides AFR has negative scaling, including the "official" AMD profile, AFR as you say has the best FPS but at most it's a 10% increase over a single card and it has bad flickering and the FPS is not stable at all.

Regarding borderless window mode, hate to break it to you but that uses a single card so the reason you're seeing better performance is because you're not using crossfire any more (back to the horrific crossfire performance I mentioned).

0 Likes

That's what i said. " i get more fps than i do with a singel card in fullscreen." Singel card= No CF.

I get a fantastic increase of fps.

But as you say, not always stable fps. I notis that now.

But sometimes it works great.

Strange this behavior.

0 Likes
locodicegr
Miniboss

Ask game developers in the link below to support CF.

Yes, We Do Have SLI Support! :0) :: Kingdom Come: Deliverance General Discussions

I did already two days ago.

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

I'll pass on interest to driver engineering.

You could try using the Crysis 3 CrossFire profile as its from the same game engine.

Already tried it, negative scaling, as with every other profile option, except AFR but that's barely 10% improvement and has a number of visual issues rendering it unusable.

To be honest the main thing I find confusing, why do AMD drivers have an official Crossfire profile for this game that doesn't work? Was it not tested?

Thanks.

Please pass on all feedback on negative scaling and other strange behavior we have now.

Btw.. is it possible to bring back importing crossfire profiles?
I (and others) can't use the newest drivers, they brake win 10 completely.

Would be nice to be able to download and import just profiles for CF 

0 Likes

FWIW I'm using Windows 10 64Bit and the newest drivers with no issues, except for annoying freezes when switching between computing/gaming (I mine Monero when not gaming).

0 Likes

That's great. Happy that you don't have our problems.

0 Likes
placebo
Adept I

Trying the new AMD Radeon 18.2.3 drivers with the Kingdom Come Deliverance crossfire profile and the performance seems better than the previous drivers.

Anyone else notice similar?

0 Likes

Didn't notice much difference when using crossfire with two fury x cards.

Kind regards.

B.

0 Likes