Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

elrondking
Adept I

Rainbow Six Siege causes Drivers 17.12.1 to crash

Hello,

Rainbow Six Siege causes my 17.12.1 drivers to crash. This happens randomly during gameplay and only with this game. I am running on Windows 10 pro with all updates installed. My graphics card is a R9290x-DC2. I am not overclocking the card. Any Advice you guys have?

0 Likes
7 Replies

Do you have the latest Rainbow Six Patch 4.2 which claims to fix the problem of AMD drivers crashing the game?

Operation White Noise - Mid-Season Reinforcements | Rainbow Six® Siege Game News & Updates | Ubisoft...

This from the above mentioned link Patch Notes:

USER EXPERIENCE

FIXED – Too much smoke appears when shooting with some weapons.

FIXED – Installing the latest graphics driver for AMD will cause a crash when explosives are triggered.

FIXED – Concussion and Sonic Burst effect applies to replays if applied after the start of replay.

Yes. My game has the most current updates.

Hardwood
Paragon

Uninstall with DDU and try the WHQL 17.7.2 version here. Detail

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes

I will report back after some testing.

0 Likes

Try installing the newest driver that fixed DX9 games from crashing. It might also resolve your problem. Download the Full set from Here: Desktop

Inputted the following data to get this AMD Driver- Desktop - R9 290x Gpu card - Windows 10 x64.

Copy from link concerning Release Notes on the new drivers:

Release Notes​

Download Full Release Notes

Resolved Issues

• OverWatch™ may experience a random or intermittent hang on some system configurations.
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege may experience an application hang when breaching walls with grenades or explosives.
  • Netflix playback in a browser or via UWP application may experience stutter.
  • After recording with Radeon ReLive GPU usage and clocks may remain in high states.
  • Assassin's Creed®: Origins may experience bright or saturated lighting in cave missions.
  • Mass Effect Andromeda™ may have issues enabling HDR10 on an HDR capable display.
  • Forza™ Horizon 3 may experience corruption on rocks or foliage during gameplay.
  • Halo™ Wars 2 may experience a crash on game launch.
  • Enabling HBCC on Radeon RX Vega in multi GPU system configurations may cause the secondary graphics card to be hidden in Radeon Settings until reboot.
  • Resizing the Radeon Settings window may cause the UI to restart or hang with HBCC enabled.

0 Likes

Does not work. Still crashes.

With LOD settings = LOW instead of MID/HIGH, it happens not all the time, but only about every thrid game...

On 18.2.1, RX570, WIN7-64

0 Likes